• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super-Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make something like LOTR:BFME II or C&C:Generals

I get the idea of using hero buttons as super power buttons and make heroes as super powers but i have a problem. I want a dummy AOE effect and can't find any. Also if you liked my idea or want to develop I will put my map here so you can check it. I don't know if it has leaks or too many triggers.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Test Special Abilities.w3x
    26.8 KB · Views: 43
Level 4
I know what you mean by those buttons. But what you mean by dummy aoe effect? Special effect? There are some in Hive. Spell? Could just use Rain of Fire without damage and effects.

I meant dummy aoe effect with a spell with no effect and no damage. Just for targeting that units.

I think i got the answer thanks supersheep and aznricepuff :)

"super powers, clicking buttons"

Be more specific =)

You are right but I thought those looks cool with warcraft. :sad:

Level 3
I really don't think it's possible tbh. The olny icons showing on the screen are heroes and idle workers. And IF it bu any means sg´hould be possible it would require serious JASS indeed. Not worth it imo, but GL anyways!

Level 8
What would be hard about using those hero icons for spell triggering?

It would go along the lines of ;

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - ASpecificUnit Is selected
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to AUnitType
    • Actions
      • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key A [which is the hotkey for that spell]
      • <<somewhere here you would need to know at what point the spell is cast so you can change unit back to disable the ability for the player>>
      • <<else you can put the next action in another trigger with the event (unit starts the effect of an ability)>>
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
Only thing is you need to preplace those units because the event 'is selected' is for specific units. So preplace those heroes u are using to cast the spells, give them the ability u want with any hotkey, make the invisible and such and the trick would be to change their ownership to playerX when u want to make the spell available. Probably you would need to make one of these for each spell and for each player to allow more than 1 player to have the hero(spell) at a time.

Then all you need are some cool mini icons to replace the default hero ones and you're in business.

Level 4
What would be hard about using those hero icons for spell triggering?

It would go along the lines of ;

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - ASpecificUnit Is selected
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to AUnitType
    • Actions
      • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press the key A [which is the hotkey for that spell]
      • <<somewhere here you would need to know at what point the spell is cast so you can change unit back to disable the ability for the player>>
      • <<else you can put the next action in another trigger with the event (unit starts the effect of an ability)>>
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
Only thing is you need to preplace those units because the event 'is selected' is for specific units. So preplace those heroes u are using to cast the spells, give them the ability u want with any hotkey, make the invisible and such and the trick would be to change their ownership to playerX when u want to make the spell available. Probably you would need to make one of these for each spell and for each player to allow more than 1 player to have the hero(spell) at a time.

Then all you need are some cool mini icons to replace the default hero ones and you're in business.

Worked! Good job. Gave +rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.