• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Idea Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm working on Survival Map at the moment, and I want more ideas and expansions of pre-existing ideas.

My goal is to get it up to a version 2.0 and then leave it for someone else to tinker with, bring up to version 3.0.

Here's a rundown of the basics:
Theme: Fire Age, 2 teams of hunter-gatherer tribal primitives competing on the same map for food & resources. Very basic and tribal, no steel, gold, lumber, blantantly magical weapons or advanced structures.

Available resources:
Animal parts: skins, teeth, horns.
Food: Meat, Fish.

From various animal parts different devices and tent-buildings are created, but they need to stay within the theme of 'Tribal'

Now I keep getting people telling me: at least get a castle or something... but I've decided to completely reject all ideas of this sort. This is a primitive tribal map and it will NOT have an Elven high guard tower on it.

However, an orc burrow that does something might be worthwhile but I can't think of what I'd have it do.

Heroes: (there are 5 heroes to choose from)
I'm going to transform the player units into heroes for ease of sidebar selection and because I want to give them primitive 'powers and powerups'

Here's where I'm a little lost because I don't know how to change/arrange buttons.

I've gone over to another website and downloaded all kinds of runic buttons to give the heroes special powerups.

But what should they do? It has to be basic, very primal in nature.
Available buttons descrp w/power:

Level 9
This is a good example of what happens when I get distracted ;P

-------------------------------------------------------
I've found the barracks was given an interesting set of abilities, to hold animals of various types.

Would it be possible to have sheep create wool every day at noon while being held in an orc burrow instead of barracks? (barracks is to far beyond primitive) The wool would create itself in inventory slots held in the burrow.

Types of Tattoos:
Simple - low powered +1 - +2 on things.
Medium - +2 + 3 on things
More complicated - +4 on things.
Ultimate Tattoo - + 10 on things.

A character could choose to have simple, medium and more complicated tattoos, but if they do so they would never lay claim to an Ultimate tattoo.

A character that 'saved' up his levels could take Ultimate Tattoo at level 10, but never take the simple, medium, or more complicated tattoos.

I'm not sure what kind of stuff I'd need to do to pull it off.

I have a bunch of runic buttons I was able to DL from another site, I'm planning on making them into hero ability levelups.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
SilverSong";p="5138 said:
Would it be possible to have sheep create wool every day at noon while being held in an orc burrow instead of barracks? (barracks is to far beyond primitive) The wool would create itself in inventory slots held in the burrow.
yes it would. The only thing that I can think of that makes it complicated is how the sheep will be stored. Should the sheep be an item?
can you build many burrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.