1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sun's Ferocity

Submitted by Onyxia
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Well, this is absolutely the first and largest terrain for a map that I have brought to completion. Unfortunately I never finished this project; I had to reinstall my windows because of a new processor and lost all files. Sooo now , I found it on my brother's comp after a half year and I'm probably never gonna finish it. So, I'll upload it here in case anyone wants to make something out of it. This was supposed to have a lore not relating to Warcraft, and so on..

Keywords:
strategy map terrain,
Contents

Sun's Ferocity (Map)

Reviews
21:51, 4th Oct 2008 Septimus: Quite a large template I assume, and the map detail is quite good. 1 downside of it is you should add some critter to make it lifelike. For those who interested to make rpg map, they can probably use it.
  1. 21:51, 4th Oct 2008
    Septimus: Quite a large template I assume, and the map detail is quite good. 1 downside of it is you should add some critter to make it lifelike.

For those who interested to make rpg map, they can probably use it.

2. Vampiro320

Vampiro320

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! I was just browsing through maps, and saw this. I must say what you did do before you reinstalled windows was a great job! I have a few ideas for it. I'll send it to you when finished.

3. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It still needs some work, but it's good enough I gues.
    Lets take a good look at the points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[+] Usefull to small 'RPG' like maps.
    [+] The terrain varies in textures.
    [+/-] Some places did not realy match with the surround area like the Citadel parts.
    [+/-] Frost effect at a burning church?
    [-] To much water, it needs more land to play on.
    [-] Buildings look placed randomly inside the encampment area's.
    [-] Some parts like east the lower city need more smoothing.
    [-] Could use alot more shrub!
    [-] Some doodads don't make sence like the mass graves near the Citadel part. (North)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It needs work but its going into the good direction!
    Score 2/5

4. Onyxia

Onyxia

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This is an incomplete project and will remain that way for my part; I am not going to make anything of it.. It was going to be larger, having more land but since I did not have the inspiration to finish it i wanted to upload it here so that people could use it as a resource or w/e.

5. shadoae22

shadoae22

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the terrain, and so...If I even can, I'll try to make a map out of it.

6. FrostScythe

FrostScythe

Resources:
    Resources:
    oooooooh very nice terraining

Voting:3.5/5

7. Mirage1

Mirage1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useful base map was exactly what I was looking for.