Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Not totally happy with this so far. The lighting is hard to get right.

Not sure what sky to use. None of them are all that great.

I also hate the size of the mountain. I wish I could figure out how to get the WE to go higher.

Attachments

• Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Sunrise2.jpg
    Sunrise2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 276
Level 34
Yeah your right. I used a black fog, that's probably why it seems dead. My idea didn't really pan out.

The mountains were made too quick. I need to smooth them then re do the tops. I'll do it in a bit.

Level 34
Camera could only go there due to the awesome sky box.

The fog is black for a reason. If I used an orange fog it would just make everything orange. The idea was to make it look like the color was only coming from the rising sun. So the backside of the mountains wouldn't be lit.

Level 9
I like it, although I think you might want to scale the trees down a little to make the mountains seem all the more larger. People have a thing for un-pointy landscapes on this forum nowadays and I don't think that's always right. I think they look good with some edges on them.

Level 27
kewl.

Only to make it perfect; Use smoothen tool on the mountains and maybe raise some rocks into it to make it look more 'mountier'? and theres a strange empy spot at the left. fill it up with something. And if you put a hero on the left plateau it looks like a campaign screen =D

Level 34
It's very good mybe it would look bether if u add a waterfall?
Uhh, no.

Its ok. But the camera needs to be much more far. Much more. Like, near the end of the map. Then, the hills will look far. and the effect will be good.
I already said the sky box made me put the camera where it is. Otherwise the sky would have a blackish spot. I also didn't feel like spending a whole lot of time, so I put it close.

Personally I think it is quite good. From the thumbnail view it simply rocks. Other than that, try using WEU to make the mountains better.
I am using miscdata.txt, but for some reason I can't go any higher than it is right now. If I get that fixed I'll re-do the mountains.

Only to make it perfect; Use smoothen tool on the mountains and maybe raise some rocks into it to make it look more 'mountier'? and theres a strange empy spot at the left. fill it up with something. And if you put a hero on the left plateau it looks like a campaign screen =D
Ahh, you noticed it. I was lazy. I'll fix it.

The sky is nice. The rest is fine, but the hill thing is really bland, and I don't like the tile you used on it. If you're going to use rough dirt, I'd say use Dalaran Ruined or Icecrown dirt. Icecrown might look a bit weird.
It's not rough dirt. It's rock. Icecrown would probably look awful.

Edit: Looks like I forgot to save it. Meh, guess I'll start something new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.