• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Ruins StopOver

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"This aquatic and humid habitat is lively due to the plants and waters of the nearby lake, but also because of the magic ruins and obelisks next to the roads-enchanted by the Naga tribe which is guarding the place. Goblin traders are allowed to set up their shops here as they bring gold and travellers but they are omitted to the Naga to keep the ruins clean and inform them of any trespassers and intruders unknown-or not to the Naga which are likely to harm the place. The monsters are friendly to the Naga but not to other tribes which want to put their hands on the big quantities of gold and prehistoric foundings.Be careful as the monsters are strong and the Naga watch!"

Well, this map is made with attention to detail and aesthetics. I did some things that may get a bad review but I did them on purpose to make something different and leave some stuff of Blizzard's "tradition" behind-and these are:
->Gold mines with ranged gold [starting locations' with 18k gold and the secondary with 16000]. Also, I wanted to put 14k gold to the mines at the middle to make it more strategical [more gold near~less far=better defence near base] but then I thought that below 16k it's too little and exceeding 18k is too much! That's why I don't like Blizzard's "Friends" map as it needs skill[2v2v2v2] but if you play carefully it's time-consuming with 50k gold![It goes back and forth-attack and defence until gold drops down to 10-16k!!]
->Creep camps where much more difficult counting +1 creep at the taverns and at the gold mines in horizontal middle of map. While testing the map I realized that someone who hadn't paid attention to the description would get his army[and effort] smashed to pieces from the creeps at the sides of the map[considering the Lvls and number of creeps] at the beginning when armies are usually small and poor. So I removed those creeps to eliminate the unpleasant surprise one may face.
->However, the drops are plenty[another breakthrough!! :D] and are LvL 1 permanent at "green" creeps and LvL 4-5 at "yellow" and "red" creeps[I didn't put Lvl 8 or similar items at "red" creeps considering that as there is only one such red spot in the map one who would get the good item would have a some-what advantage over someone else-a thing that happens at Blizzard's maps...-and that the red level has to do with the overall population of creeps and not their levels-that is 6lvl+6lvl+5lvl and so on and not 9lvl+7lvl or whatsoever like Blizzard's maps].
->Now as the neutral buildings and Naga creeps at the down-side of the map are concerned, my first thought was to put only the taverns or nothing as one may complain that the space at the 2 mines at the middle is too little with the building across...but anyways here they are :p[The behaviour of constructing a whole main~base-like 2nd base is crucial at times when your main base gets destroyed but is bot-like in my opinion and unnecessary if you play/defend well]...The "weird" fact is that players are used to face creeps at the merchants and not at the taverns-but who cares get used to it!:] In my opinion it's handy
considering what you get from the merchants and the time at which you [and your army] will get a 2nd hero! [The creeps are too easy then!]. The Naga [and the
doodads/destructibles] are decorative and represent the storyline...
-> In addition I put lvl 1 Power-up items considering the inventory's space [If you got all permanent higher-lvl items you'd have to throw them away or give them to your 2nd hero who you may never summon[like me-I play almost always with 1 hero and a balanced army and I hate 1-time-use items] or be difficult to control or the items are unsuitable for him/her.
->The description of the map is brief and orientating, as well as the storyline which is not just a story-it provides useable information in a more ...narrative way. Pay attention to everything-they all have their part!
->The gold and stats that creeps give/have are slightly modified [higher].

~The credits go to me. ->However my aim is NOT to down-grade Blizzard's work. I have to thank Blizzard for making Warcraft [with the WE] and WoW-which helped and inspired me
at the gameplay and map[tileset]-storyline respectively. Also, thanks to the bots that make me see some stuff I can't see with humans!~

That was the ...short introduction!] But I think that despite its size it's necessary and thougtful.

Enjoy!

P.S.: Do whatever you want with this map as long as you pay the credits!

Keywords:
Sunken Ruins, Ruins, Melee, Warcraft III Melee Map, Warcraft III Standard Melee Map
Contents

Sunken Ruins StopOver (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last...

M

ap0: Rejected

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain : 10/20
From the view of the terrain, it look great for those who seldom play melee map. But, certainly not for me. The terrain is simply to flat and way lack of destructible/doodad that could possibly create the environment of a good tropical forest. Most of the destructible/doodad such as Vines cliffside were place at the side of those tree.

Try add some weed or flower around the area and not at the edge of those road.
Error : 5/20
This map have lot's of error that should not exist such as having every gold mine at the map unguard. At melee map, unless you are having a 1 versus 1 map with 2 gold mine only. It is compulsory to have every gold mine guarded by creep. Which this map certainly doesn't follow this basic rules.

Second, the tavern are guarded as well. Tavern are the only neutral structure at Warcraft 3 Melee map that should not be guarded by any creep even the creep is level 1.
Unit Position & Item Drop : 10/20
Unit position is simply awful, as most of their facing degree is simply random. You should not just place the unit, but must ensure which position they are facing as well.

As for the item drop, you make the unit Stormreaver Necrolyte drop a level 3 item while he is a level 6 creep, this is not balance. The item level distance and the creep should not lower than 2. That's mean if the creep is level 5, the item drop must not below level 3.

To make matter worst, every creep drop item. Usually only the highest level creep that act as their leader is the one who could drop item. Not all of them
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail : 13/20
You give quite a good detail about your map, but it is quite a mess and not look appealing enough to attract people to download it.

As for the story of this map, it look decent.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules : 16/20
The quality of this map is quite average to me due to the massive error on it. As far the rules, it seem to abide all of it.
Overall Review
As far as I am concern, this map condition is quite average and have several error that could be fix to give it a better prospect. I won't give it 4/5 even if I rate as user instead of rating this map as mod.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Tavern should not be guarded.
[-] - Inbalance item drop
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 10
2) Error - 5
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 10
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 13
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 16
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 54/100
Moderator Rating - 3/5
User Rating - 3/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 9
Right, firstly I'll begin by saying I enjoyed the map.
My only issues were the outside terraining and unit placements aswell as the drops.
The outside of the island was simply a collection of straight and boring lines of land next to water, as well as straight and boring lines of trees next to it. The units outside of the playable map area were really weird... why was there a hydralisk?
For the island effect: Terraining - Small Island

The drop issue was weird. Why was a level 2 murloc dropping a tom of experience, whilst a level 7 turtle dropping something that would simply make my units move faster temporarily?

Other then those issues I wasn't affected by much else.
This is certainly a playable map and it's worth a try - but i'm not sure whether I would invest any more then 1 play in it.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain : 10/20
From the view of the terrain, it look great for those who seldom play melee map. But, certainly not for me. The terrain is simply to flat and way lack of destructible/doodad that could possibly create the environment of a good tropical forest. Most of the destructible/doodad such as Vines cliffside were place at the side of those tree.

Try add some weed or flower around the area and not at the edge of those road.
Error : 5/20
This map have lot's of error that should not exist such as having every gold mine at the map unguard. At melee map, unless you are having a 1 versus 1 map with 2 gold mine only. It is compulsory to have every gold mine guarded by creep. Which this map certainly doesn't follow this basic rules.

Second, the tavern are guarded as well. Tavern are the only neutral structure at Warcraft 3 Melee map that should not be guarded by any creep even the creep is level 1.
Unit Position & Item Drop : 10/20
Unit position is simply awful, as most of their facing degree is simply random. You should not just place the unit, but must ensure which position they are facing as well.

As for the item drop, you make the unit Stormreaver Necrolyte drop a level 3 item while he is a level 6 creep, this is not balance. The item level distance and the creep should not lower than 2. That's mean if the creep is level 5, the item drop must not below level 3.

To make matter worst, every creep drop item. Usually only the highest level creep that act as their leader is the one who could drop item. Not all of them
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail : 13/20
You give quite a good detail about your map, but it is quite a mess and not look appealing enough to attract people to download it.

As for the story of this map, it look decent.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules : 16/20
The quality of this map is quite average to me due to the massive error on it. As far the rules, it seem to abide all of it.
Overall Review
As far as I am concern, this map condition is quite average and have several error that could be fix to give it a better prospect. I won't give it 4/5 even if I rate as user instead of rating this map as mod.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Tavern should not be guarded.
[-] - Inbalance item drop
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 10
2) Error - 5
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 10
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 13
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 16
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 54/100
Moderator Rating - 3/5
User Rating - 3/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.