• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Frenzy 1.0e

(4) Sunken Frenzy 1.0e

Sea creatures of all forms and color were spawned in this world to kill one another.....don't you think so? Form an army of sea warriors, an epic battle awaits! Spawn creatures, dominate your enemies, and whatever.

Introduction:

This map was inspired by AceHart's: Hatchery Havoc, so I decided to create a "relative" of it. No, there's no AI like in AceHart's map, I plan to make AI soon though. In this map, you can dominate your enemies, cut through enemy lines, and...whatever.

Just like in AceHart's map, you must train units (In Hatchery Havoc, you had to hatch units) from your Coral Steep, which may later upgrade to a Spawning Pool, then a Tidal Shrine, and finally, a Deepsea Temple. Your object in this game is to be the last standing of all tidal armies, meaning they must surrender under your power. However, if you plan on attacking the base of an enemy commander, you'll be left vulnerable to all attacks, unless you have units to defend your "base".

Your base, is not really a base. It's just your main command structure and a few Pedestals for researching. If your small base eradicated, you will be exterminated, regardless of how many units you have defending the area. You must train your tidal warriors to defend your gateway to defeat, upgrade your structure to tiers 2 to 4. Every tier has different units, but there are only 4 kinds of units you may train.

In time, more warriors will be able to be avaliable to you, there will be more tiers, there will be upgrades, there will be more features in the map, there will be AI in the map (If I have an AI, it will become more advanced per version), and lots more!

Sunken Frenzy Changelog

V1
-First Release

V2
-Fixed up Typos
-Fixed up Murloc Huntsman
-Fixed up Passive Skills
-Fixed up Cripple effects
-Fixed up Ensnare effects
-Fixed Envenomed Blade's Color Code
-NEW: Upgrades
-Fixed Button Positions

V3
-Fixed up Typos
-Balanced the Hydra
-NEW: Sea Turtle Units
-NEW: Sea Turtle Upgrades
-Fixed up Loading Screen
-Fixed to 4 Player Mode

V4
-Map Dimensions Shortened
-Fixed
-Fixed Gold Start
-Fixed up Typos
-Balanced the Sea Turtle
-Fixed up Color Codes
-Fixed up Loading Screen
-No Shadowmeld
-No Slow Poison
-Another Pedestal
-Added Version on Message Text

V5
-Improved Terrain
-Balanced Murloc Huntsman
-Faster Income Rate (100% faster)
-NEW: 3 Upgrades
-NEW: Sunken Orc Units
-More Doodads

Suggestions and feedback are welcome. Comments will be greatly appreciated!

-Thanatos_820 / K9_Felravager
Contents

Sunken Frenzy 1.0e (Map)

Level 3
Eh, I just made this for fun, I had nothing to do anyway :p. Well, I found a problem that seems to sometimes irritate people, it's the defeat bug, it keeps on going:

Player (Whatever) has been defeated!

And so on...I'm currently fixing it...but the next version, 1.1a is going through several additions, including sounds (Not imported), several new upgrades, and whatever. But sadly, I'm also working on 2 ORPGs, and they are time consuming. The next version won't be out until next month (March something).

Level 4
The map looks and plays okay, but it's simply not fun. You can reach tier 4 units within a few minutes just waiting for the income periods. From there, just spawn as many hydras as possible and you'll dominate. Upgrades are useless--and there's a very limited number of them anyhow. The balance is shot to hell--hydras only cost a little more than the other units, and they last infinitely longer (since killing a hydra only spawns 2 smaller versions which spawn smaller versions which spawn smaller versions..). Balance aside, it's also buggy (repeated defeat messages and an upgrade that costs wood [which can't be obtained]).

The map could be enjoyable if the balance is overhauled. Also, some more diverse strategies would be nice--even just allowing players to create base defenses in order to buy time to get up to par with opponents. Might also want to develop a more rock-paper-scissors guideline to the game... perhaps by giving the weakest unit an ability that can help defeat the strongest (auto-cast/passive and AoE as well as DoT). Not only are the hydras currently over-powered, but there's no counter to them. Whoever has the most will win.

Level 3
I know the problems already, so there's no point into telling me of the problems currently. And to tell you, I'm not going to add abilities where you could just kill tier 4 units quickly with tier 1 units (Only an idiot would do that), the map WOULD go out of hand anyway if that happened. The new version is coming soon, with several new changes, but it seems that my map is poorly rated, so the new special version will only bring more low rates.

Once I release it, you will have to find it yourself, for it doesn't reach the standards of what most people like. So, the next version will not be avaliable here anymore, everyone has to search the new one manually, site to site, not on even on Epic War, shall you not find it there -_-.

This will be the only version which is publicly held, if you're begging to get the new version of the map, PM me, and I'll send it to you once I've completed the special version, that is, if I approve your request.