• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoning trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making a map that is based on Magic the Gathering. I want to make it so when you summon a unit it goes to a specific place, since the creatures dont actually move I need them in specific place holders. Also if Unit A is in Place 1, and Unit B is in Place 2, If unit A were to die, a new unit that is summoned goes to Place 1, So it basicly goes through the full list of places, filling in any gaps left by deceased creatures. I can get it working if I make a large number of triggers where they check the one before it before finally choosing a place. I would like it to be just 1 trigger that will choose the place a summoned creature would be moved too. I also need a trigger so that if a creatures uses a skill called attack it will move to the front region and the enemy can use a creatures defend skill to move to the same side but across from the attacking creature, then they both deal there damage to each other. Jass would possibly be best for this but I cant make any Jass triggers. I would just ask for help from the community on the map but its not fully ready, most people wont help with a map unless its almost done, or at least has a small beta they can test and see if they want to help.

To get an idea of the map layout I will attempt to draw it in text.

T
V V V V V V V V V V

X X X X X X X X X X
Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
T

Basicly T is your Summoner, Y and V is the places in which the Summons will be moved, each has a specific number. X and Z are the places the units will move to when they attack or defend depending on the players turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.