• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

::Summoning Arena:: by Sha.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
::Summoning Arena:: b y S h a . x (Clan CBS @ Northrend)

- Summon units and defeat the other summoners
- The summoned units will appear on the Target [F2]
- You loose when your summoner dies
- Last surviver wins

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This map is my current project. I recommend to test/play with more than 4 players.
Hope you've got some ideas to improve this map (!)

Please send me feedbacks to [email protected] ,, thanks alot :)D)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[Download] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?p=download&id=7jhw6u&toast=0cfa0458e55d4afe88a38742e3ecec0e&dateline=1245947550

Last edited:
Level 15
Hey, its quite a good idea you have there. However, there are some imbalances. Some suggestions:

1) The number of units you summon is equal to your summoner's level. That kinda gets imba later in the game when you summon like 6 Nagas with stun :S. I think you should give your Summoning Target the ability to upgrade the number of units you summon or the strength of the unit. That would make the game more slow-paced but not so dependant on luck as it is now. If you get a very powerful unit at the beginning, you will own. However, if the units are generally the same in strength, you will need to plan and stuff instead of just taking a whole group of 20 units and crushing the enemy.
2) Give all the creeps at least 1 ability and not more than about 2 actives and a passive. I realised that you did not really change some of the units and some have abilities they cannot even use. Also, some units have loads of active abilities, making them really powerful against those which can only attack.
3) The duplicate ability is very useful yet stupid. When you have 1 very powerful unit, duplicate becomes kinda imba. However, if you have loads of lesser units, its crap. Also, when you are about level 10, you summon 10 units. What is one more supposed to do :S. Maybe change it.
4) Also, when I mentioned the upgrade, maybe it should be like "Summoning Upgrade". It allows you to summon higher level units and increase the amount of weaker units you summon when you summon them. So it gives a chance to summon more powerful units and allows you to summon more of the units that are weaker in terms of strength.
5) Some aura items would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.