• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoner Spell system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im currently making a summoner spell system, like in league of legends. for my hero arena.
when the game starts each player can pick a "mastery spell" by upgrading their "choose a spell" building.
here is the problem, i need help making instant cast spells that effect your hero or targeted ones, but i am not sure how to set up the variables, remove leaks, and target casting players hero.

List of spells i need help with
Mend - AoE heal - Instantly heals your hero and nearby allies for 375 health
Reveal - AoE reveal - Reveals the area around your hero, also reveals invisble
Guardian - summons a unit at position of your hero (i can make unit i just need the ability too summon it)
Replenish - AoE mana heal - Instantly replenishes 450 mana
Sabotage - Reduces enemy heroes armor too 0 for 10 seconds
Polymorph - Polymorphes an enemy hero for 5 seconds
Enrage - increases heros attack by 35 for 10 seconds

Thank you in advance for help, ill give rep and credit for spells. any advice on cleaning variable arrays and targeting certain units. i haven't used the editor in a half a year.

Level 33
I think most of the abilities are already there in the Object Editor, which requires to alter a bit on their data

Mend - Item Area Healing
Reveal - Far Sight
Guardian - Summoning Abilities (Serpent Ward or whatever)
Replenish - Item Area Mana Regain
Sabotage - Add Devotion Aura ability to the targeted unit (using Trigger Editor of course) (change the Object Editor's Data - Armor Bonus to -2 and set the Data - Percent Bonus to True). You can input negative values on the field by holding SHIFT and double click the field, type "-" and followed by numbers
Polymorph - Polymorph (Sorceress default ability)
Enrage - Berserk

Level 4
I think most of the abilities are already there in the Object Editor, which requires to alter a bit on their data

Mend - Item Area Healing
Reveal - Far Sight
Guardian - Summoning Abilities (Serpent Ward or whatever)
Replenish - Item Area Mana Regain
Sabotage - Add Devotion Aura ability to the targeted unit (using Trigger Editor of course) (change the Object Editor's Data - Armor Bonus to -2 and set the Data - Percent Bonus to True). You can input negative values on the field by holding SHIFT and double click the field, type "-" and followed by numbers
Polymorph - Polymorph (Sorceress default ability)
Enrage - Berserk

i know how to make the abilities i just dont know how to do the targeting. i need too make it so when you cast those from the Building it automatically targets your hero. the hero's themselves wont have the abilities, the Building holding it will.

Level 33
i need too make it so when you cast those from the Building it automatically targets your hero
That is why you should try to tell us all the problem you have don't simply tell us basic info...

If you're saying that this building will activate the spell without targeting anyone (instant), how about Sabotage and Polymorph ???

Level 4
That is why you should try to tell us all the problem you have don't simply tell us basic info...

If you're saying that this building will activate the spell without targeting anyone (instant), how about Sabotage and Polymorph ???

i thought i did provide enough info, i think i can do the sabotage and polymorph ones but i still dont know how to instant target specific hero from another unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.