• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions

Level 2
Comments/Bugs/Suggestions

OaD 2 v1.0.3 comments

These comments are mostly a result of single player testing and each has been recreated at least once in order to verify. As such, any skills that require a hero target could not be tested. Additionally, i did not play through the older heroes since they should be tested by time by now.

Desert Mage projectile plus model is weird(personally)

A player noted that the projectile of the desert mage also appears to originate from the body, which looks weird.

The disabled character merchant icon looks like a dagger, while everything else is the padlock icon.

I, personally, still think that the elemental orbs should not consist of the same base items to complete. eg, the air orb can use a bow instead of a sword, then a dagger instead of the shield. Making the non-elemental stats exactly the same is not the only way to balance the orbs. It should also be noted that the elements give exactly the same attribute bonuses in terms of value. It is clearly apparent that str. is more important that int in most cases, whether it is your main attribute or not, so the elemental stats that players can obtain should not provide plus 3 str, int or agi. it can be like... plus 3 int, then plus 2 agi or str or something. Another comment is that due to easy jungling gold, low level players(level 6 sun rogue) can build three orbs and pretty much win the game since other palyers can't compete the jungling of sun rogue(as of now)

Rang Ruang's skills should be non-target skills that do not interrupt movement because his snares are all activated by a timer delay instead of proximity apart from the cast range being incredibly low anyway.

Using the soulstone stops the hero from moving and it has no cooldown(not good for when running away from an enemy plus can be spammed whenever you gain a kill)

Jungle creep experience seems to get lower, dunno if its a feature or a bug

Drakonaga Watery shield bugged, lost cooldown after a few uses. Allowed me to spam the mana regen at level one.

Drakonaga Frost Impulse always aligned in the same manner before moving around, would be better if it would be random i think even though the finale would still converge on your position.

found Drakonaga imbalanced in terms of starting stats, base damage and attack speed. allowed for relentless jungling even at level 2.

Berserk skill bug. Tried to use sharpen axe skill using hotkey, it instead used greater armor combo skill even though my combo skill was the shout that improves dmg dealth and taken.

Units affected by the shout occasionally produce a seemingly endless amount of the damage effect(effect played when a units take damage)

Friendly structures take damage from your fury leap(verified by using whosyourdaddy and seeing the huge health loss dealt to the tower), plus fury leap seems to have a few blind spots(enemy players that know these blind spots can take minimal damage and avoid being stunned, even while escaping)

Berserk skill suggestions, i've seen the combo skills improve for example the health sacrificed to improve your bonus damage, which would seem somewhat odd for a skill. it would make people reluctant to use the combo skill, especially since it becomes 70% health sacrifice. also, the other dmg improving skill improves damage 5% greater at maximum level stats, and is only penalized by 4 health regen per second which can easily be offset by a few elemental points or even a couple of rings. although following the gameplay by actually painstakingly earning the levels, the sacrifice skill deals more damage at lower levels since the damage of the other one is ultimate dependent. in summary, maybe a re-optimization of berserk's skills would make him a hero people would enjoy using more.

Archdruidess entangle stun affects only heroes(tested with a player, Sun Rogue still kicks ass) and deals minor, virtually zero damage(since solar flare reflected damage back to archdruidess).
Archdruidess combo skills bugging. Transformed into wolf form, gained abilities to turn into bear and archdruidess instead.

Sun Rogue reports randomly obtaining rune effects when casting solar flare.

Demon pact rune did not kill hero that picked it up. Sun Rogue picked it up and cast solar flare, which gave him a diff rune effect or something.

Building a nature set on archdruidess made me end up with negative 7 nature, which meant i was actually losing health every second. Seemingly localized on her since the enemy sun rogue had the orb as well and it was okay for him.

Soulstone without charges dropped upon hero death.

Found the exp gain painstakingly low. games would literally finish way before level 30.

This is all I found/will comment on for this version. Looking forward to the AI. Btw, played a game with an insane bot on the opposing side and the enemy selected the hero i chose and got himself killed(did not fight back when attacked, but did not retreat to safety either)

-im87carl30:goblin_boom: