• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions on posting - please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I see a lot of people posting threads/comments asking for help, but do not explain at all what they want/what is the situation.

Now, you might think the helpers here are divines, and they can simply read your mind and know exactly what you meant by posting a "please help me make a shooting star ability", but sadly, only some of us are special-trained-mind-reading-experts (SMRE) and its really hard to help people that post like that.

Here are a few rules that may assist you in getting help:

1. Be informative - type as much info as you can about the subject you want help with.

2. Search it - if you think the subject might have been discussed before, please use the search button and search for it.

3. Try first - do not ask questions right when you get stuck, first try to solve your problems alone. It might end up as a stupid question / a question you could solve alone.

4. Logic - use your logic when posting things.
For example, I didn't use it when I posted this thread, now everyone will scream at me.

5. The chat is a big no no - do not come into the chat and start asking too many questions / requests. People usually go there to talk and have fun. That is why we have the forums.

6. The most important of them all - if you have too much problems, you always have a high building / a high bridge / a gun / a bathtub / a rock / or any other means to end your pitiful life.

7. A useless tip - this color is the greatest of them all !

Have fun, and post smart.

Level 5
...I'd say this is totally sticky-worthy. "omg plx hlp me mayka supr col map it r gun b best map evr" can get a bit annoying.

By the way, purple is a mega win.

Status
Not open for further replies.