• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] No "Friendly Fire" help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well I have dug and searched through what seems like hundreds of threads and simply looking for a way to prevent "Friendly Fire" between teammates. Some of the custom AOE spells are killing off their friends. Or in the case of some jerk just trying to kill off the group for fun.

Please note this is for ROC and I can use convert to custom text for the triggers and get away with alot, but please only post if compatible with ROC. So far I have set to where they can only attack enemy but they still take damge from AOE. (unit-damage area).

This is my first post so if you have any questions on what I'm trying to achieve, or need to see some of the AOE spells please holler. But I dont really want to change the spell, just looking for a trigger to prevent any team damage. Thanks for help in advance. :ad:

Level 18
Use matching unit, and make sure that "(Picked Unit) is an enemy of (Triggering Unit)" then do that, because it will exclude them
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Your Area) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

Level 6
Converting it to jass and adding the function in the right spot would correct the problem, though it would be easier just to write it all in jass.

Level 4
thanks anyways

Thanks for the usful comments and I got to work in ROC, but once I went to B-NET none of it worked for regular ROC players, so it looks like Jass is only option.

You can however make make a "custom script" in ROC by using comment type what you need like (call RemoveLocationthen udg_location) then convert and remove the two // from that line.

Thanks for all the help. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
another option please...

Well I'm finding out that even standard spells can cause friendly fire like blizzard for instance. If your buddy is in the middle of the horde your attacking he will take damage. :slp:

I am asking if anybody out there has any other suggestions for "No Friendly Fire" solution that will work regardless of what the spell is.

Status
Not open for further replies.