• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion - Monk After Cast & soul strike debuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,
I've made this topic to make 2 suggestions for monk class, so here they are:
First:
-Remove Monk after cast animation.
I dont think there is any suitable reason to keep this after cast time, since it can be canceled by clicking to attack again (i dont consider it as player skill), and i think it's some dps/threat loss when compared to other classes, even though it's minnor... (i'm not playing that much, so i didnt check the other non-caster classes, but if they have it, i'd make the same suggestion)
Second:
-Remove monk soul strike dmg reduction while affected by weakened soul.
Since they dont have shield anymore, why would they have a debuff which reduces it's damage when affected by other class's skill?

Level 13
Animation cancelling has always been a pretty common part of WC3. If you're really having difficulties right clicking again, that is quite frankly, your problem.

However, if its a simple procedure to remove the rest of the casting animation then sure, it might be worth doing, but its nothing to go to too much trouble for.

As for the soul strike suggestion, this is a relatively fair point but I'd imagine difficult to achieve. Would it be possible to have the spell trigger differently for monks and bishops Zwieb? It's not exactly fair that the only two classes to have a negative tradeoff for divine are monks and bishops really. Perhaps that should be looked into, instead of halving the damage of soul strike, find one global variable that affects all classes where possible.

It would make the skill trade damage output for survivability, encourage a bit more skill in its use and slightly nerf what is already a ridiculous skill. I suppose my current suggestion would be to reduce the sp and ap of a unit by 10 but in doing that crusaders get it in the rear.

Level 3
Animation cancelling has always been a pretty common part of WC3. If you're really having difficulties right clicking again, that is quite frankly, your problem.

However, if its a simple procedure to remove the rest of the casting animation then sure, it might be worth doing, but its nothing to go to too much trouble for.
Well i didnt say nothing about having any difficulty canceling this after cast, i just said it's kinda "useless" in this map, since it's usually used to balance heroes in maps like dota or kinda... and yes, it's quite simple to change it, just need to change 1 value.

Perhaps that should be looked into, instead of halving the damage of soul strike, find one global variable that affects all classes where possible.

It would make the skill trade damage output for survivability, encourage a bit more skill in its use and slightly nerf what is already a ridiculous skill. I suppose my current suggestion would be to reduce the sp and ap of a unit by 10 but in doing that crusaders get it in the rear.
About this "global reduction", i dont think it's a good idea, dont think it'd be fair to have a class capable of debuffing other players... and about it beeing op, yes shield is op, but since it has 30s "cd" i think it's balanced...

Level 13
Well i didnt say nothing about having any difficulty canceling this after cast, i just said it's kinda "useless" in this map, since it's usually used to balance heroes in maps like dota or kinda... and yes, it's quite simple to change it, just need to change 1 value.

About this "global reduction", i dont think it's a good idea, dont think it'd be fair to have a class capable of debuffing other players... and about it beeing op, yes shield is op, but since it has 30s "cd" i think it's balanced...

If its that simple then I guess its up to Zwieb however it barely balances anything in dota considering the importance of animation cancelling.

it has a 15 second duration, and 15 seconds of being inactive on a player. The shield has no tradeoff for any class other than bishops and monks and lastly, its fucking near indestructible.

Basically, I'm going to bring up a plethora of issues relating to the Bishop class at a later date, what I'm doing here is potentially embracing your idea and combining it with one of my own. Its either that or the shield absorbs at most 5 instances of damage, its far too strong.

I can reduce the animation time for Soul Strike, it's no problem, really.

About the soul strike damage reduction with weakened soul:
It's a tradeoff made for balancing reasons that worked quite well and a tradeoff I like alot.
Yes, monks don't have access to divine protection anymore, but I won't change a base class skill because of a synergy that doesn't even apply anymore. I'm even considering adding a soul-based tradeoff on certain crusader skills, to give it another tradeoff instead of removing it.
Divine protection itself is fine imho. Weakened Soul balances is pretty fine without making it too weak of a healing spell itself.

Monks already got insane survivability, probably much more than crusaders. Let's not make it even more simple here.

Status
Not open for further replies.