• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Struggling with AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I've been tinkering with the AI editor trying to make sense of it and creating a basic AI that would start a base and build an army. Nothing fancy or requiring avanced strategies or priorities. I created the file as StandardUD.wai (since is just a basic test for an Undead faction with no changes in units or in the techtree). I imported the file into the map and made a trigger that starts that AI for a computer controled player.

And nothing happens. It has three accolytes and two ghouls just sitting there in the base. Not even trying to get gold from the mine (wich is already haunted). Is there something else I need to do to make the player actually USE the AI coding?

Level 3
Thanks, it was the melee script. I also changed the race of the player to Undead, don't know if that affects anything but now it works pretty nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.