• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Structure use shared birth animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey. Just wondering if there's a way to assign a building-type to use a shared birth animation? There doesn't seem to be a field for it in the Unit Editor. Maybe there's some kind of ability or string or something? I just want to get a building that uses a model with no birth animation to use the standard undead birth animation, but to not use any triggers for it. If I have to code for it, then I can, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks.

Level 21
I just want to get a building that uses a model with no birth animation to use the standard undead birth animation, but to not use any triggers for it.
That can be done with Model Editor (by Magos), by adding/copying a Birth animation, adding an attachment with this path SharedModels\UBirth.MDL, and then changing the visibility of the attachment to be only visible during the Birth animation.
Night Elf has two. One for non-ancients and one for ancients.
(I think)
Both Ancient and non-Ancient Night Elf buildings use the same birth model. (SharedModels\NEBirth.MDL)
So, adding a Night Elf and Undead birth is simple, but adding Human and Orc birth animations require more complex model editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.