• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strategic Warfare (not the real name of the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Strategic Warfare Recrutment

Ever since I got my hands on the Warcraft III editor, I wanted to do something like this. Unfortunately, I have never worked with a team of map makers on any of my project before, and I believe that this is the reason why none of them were ever finalised.

So what is it I'm going on about?
This is a draft of the map Draft.jpg

The concept of the game:
There are 2 sides, positioned on the NE and SW. there are 4 players on each side. the goal of the game is to get your troops behind enemy lines, and destroy there forts, while struggling to keep your own forts away from harm.

Each player gets control over a squad that consists of 7 foot soldiers at the begining of the game, and also a hero and a control tower which you use to give orders to your squad.

The orders you are allowed to give to your squad are pretty conservative, and behave a little more like directions rather than commands. you are only alowed to order you squad(s) to 8 places in the map. you can order them to protect eather one of your own forts, tell them to occupy 1 out of 4 places on the front line, or to try to avoid any contact with the enemy troops, and strike directly at eather one of the enemy forts

Granted the fact that each side has 4 players and so 4 squads at the begining of the game, this means that using only those simple commands you can create any strategy you like.
Strategies such as keeping 2 squads protecting your forts, while the other 2 avoid enemy contact and try to destroy the enemy fort.

as the battle progreses, you gain gold, wich you can use in a number of ways.
You can buy better weapons, armor, speed, respawn cooldown for your soldiers on an individual level, or you can recrut more squads, or hire more soldiers for the squads you allredy own, you can buy fort defences such as archers on the fort walls and cannons on the fort roof.

this is just the general Ideea, there is much more up here in my Ideea box. I havent even mentioned the heroes yet, but puting all of my ideas in this post will make it to long, so I hope that what I did say was intriguing enough to get you to help :grin:
I do have a WIP for this map, so will not be starting from scratch.
:thumbs_up:

During the course of this project I am going to need and accept help with everything. But I will especially need:

Triggerers: - because jass is a foreign language to me, and would rather let this job in the hands of someone more skilled than I am.

Modelers: - cause I don't know how to do that part eather. What I'm really looking for from the modeler, is good and plenty of animations for the models

Hero Creators: - I want my heroes special form the kinds of heroes that you find in DotA and WCIII. I was thinking that maby we can make them arrow key controlled or at least some of them. they will still have 4 spells, and stuff, so not that different.

Like I said earlyer I am willing to accept help with anything, so even if you are not a modeler triggerer, or hero creator, you can still be of help and I will grately apreciate it

I hope that this will be the start of a good collaboration.
Tank you for your time

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This sounds just like (can't remember the map name >.<) but it had the exact same idea. Each player had one hero which he/she could upgrade and buy stuff for, there would be one "commanding" player which anyone could be (he/she selected which way the troops would attack along). The map also included an insane AI which allowed you to play the map in singleplayer mode (it was very fun!).

If you can find out what map it is (still can't remember...) I suggest taking a look at it to get some more ideas for this map.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
hmm... I didn't see any map like that b4, if you could help me find it I would be happy.

I do need help with this map, because If I try to finish it by my self, it will eater take to long, or come out raw. And no one likes food that wasn't cooked properly.

Don't forget, if you want to help, but you aren't a hero builder triggerer or modeler, you can still apply

Status
Not open for further replies.