• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf fortress/ real city builder esque map? (no name for now...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok yesterday i was playing dwarf fortress, a city builder game that in fact its quite realistic in much ways and features, creatures/units doesnt take a life bar to kill, they take damage in diferent body parts wich have other internal parts, so they can break bones, bruise organs, bleed, etc... they will die or combat like in real life! the units/creatures also needs nurishment, hydratation and rest in a micromanagament way, in that sense, they have to eat items of food, drink liquids stored in barrels/pots and rest in the ground or a bed to recover and maintain their health, farming and housing works quite realistic and those things, it isnt just like in warcarft where you just go click in barracks, train and you got a soldier expert in seconds:goblin_wtf:...

That and much more implyes a realistic way of managing things in the game, so i thinked, what if i could bring some of these features into a warcraft 3 map? so players could get a more complex approach of handling the game? like selecting their recruits/soldiers from pre existant people on the map? and train them? what if players instead of handling just gold, wood and a limit of how many creatures they could create, they should handle the metals, fuel, wood, leather, manufacturation and level of quality in which their weapons and war equipment its made?

Then the idea just struck me in the head "create a dwarf fortress/city building map with those features or most of them" thats what i plan to do! but i will need help in the triggering area, i can handle concepts, textures, animations and those myself without any help, but making the triggers work to make a better AI its my 1rths priority...

Implemented/in development features:

* = fully implemented/ - = in development

*every creature will be unique, in the sense that they will have a unique name and second name to be called from, not just "rifleman" the creature especie´s its shown, but will have his/her unique name.
-every creature in the game zone/map will have its unique apperance or look, meaning that a individual isnt the same as other, for now that its stopped and will be implemented along genetics system later.
-creatures will not be like in warcraft 3, where they already come with armor, weapons, clothes or spells learned, they will have a "inventory" visible in a custom window, in that inventory are the clothes, armor, tools/weapons or things they carry withemselves, while attributes, personality traits or skills are totally diferent, they always have them but as in real life, they need to develop those.
-hungry, thirsthy, drownsyness among others conditions that you could suffer in real life, so its not like in war3, where you build a farm and then your units are safe from that without even touchting a dining hall, they also will need to sleep in rooms, they also suffer wounds like in real life, broken bones needs to be setted, slashed and cuts needs to be sutured, wounds needs to be cleaned to avoid sickness and infections, among others things that are taken in consideration in fights
-AI its the least developed part that i have for now, its pretty complex, but units should be independant from the players, so if their value in "hungry" becomes some value, they go to eat something form a designated stockpile or food scatered around that is owned by the player, so players shouldnt need to move their hungry to a food stockpile... same with others jobs, designations and behavior in general...
-Industryes to provide things for your units/creatures are being worked on, like designating a area of trees to be choped down, and then storing that wood in a stockpile or leaving it there to be picked later, which its crossed with the AI, producing food, drinks, clothes, armor, crafts, furniture, weapons, etc, this also cross with training in professions
-war never changes, in the singleplayer version you just play like in the 2D version of dwarf fortress, building you fortress, managing it, defeding it for eventual invasions or sieges and interacting with other civs (yeah i wil do someshort of world map apart from the local zone of play, so it would be dynamic)

I will post images of the progress soon, most of the features still being in a so inexistant phase that i cannot put them for now

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This doesn't sound to hard to create. GL though.

Level 9
This is too much. I would suggest cutting back on some of the features. I am intrested in this project, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.