• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story of the Paladins v1.03

A short story on Arthas and the paladins. Enjoy and please rate.

*update* better terrain and battle scenery
*update* added 2 scenes, better terrain
*update* added another scene

Keywords:
cinematic,arthas,movie,parody,funny,joke,paladin,story,knight,light,battle,undead,burning,legion,fun,awesome,uther,the
Contents

Story of the Paladins v1.03 (Map)

Reviews
10:24, 4th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: A cinematic with not such good terrain or triggering, however it is entertaining and surprising. The sound usage is great, however it lacks some more custom music, since there are some rather dull silent parts...

M

10:24, 4th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A cinematic with not such good terrain or triggering, however it is entertaining and surprising. The sound usage is great, however it lacks some more custom music, since there are some rather dull silent parts, like when the camera is focused on the dreadlord. Approved with a 2/5 rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 31
This so hilarious.I was laughing so much.But I think that Admiral Proudmore is not Paladin.I hope to see more of your work.And don't worry about re uploading.I did it to but I got -rep but who cares

Careful with what you doing. Negative reputation is just a early warning, do not be suprise if you suddenly get banned due to the constant repetition of rules violation.

Level 15
If you are uploading a new version of a map, please use the Update function, as Septimus asked. This is part of our policy for the resource sections, and it makes it harder for the map moderators if you upload new versions instead of updating.

Thanks.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Story of the Paladins

Warning this review contains spoilers.

I have watched this cinematic twice just this moment since I found it rather amusing and I had some time on my hands.

Story of the Paladins is a cinematic that revolves around the history and events occurring in warcraft.

To start I shall mention a couple of things on your terrain, that is bad. The ground tile variation is bad. The outdoor scenes should be improved. Use more tiles. The river was done poorly, use the height tool rather. How to make smooth rivers - Wc3campaigns . It lacks more dodoads and trees aswell. You need a better sky, the white blizzard one just doesn't fit. The indoor terrain was done badly to. Use imported models to enhance it. The walls weren't high enough. To continue, the battle scene between Uther and Arthas was done poorly, it was just some bashing. You should rather make it something different this way it's just bad when a viewer sees it. The cameras weren't that good, you need to keep them fluid at all times, that means that they should never be static. Now what I liked, is how well you implemented the sounds from warcraft in your cinematic making it enjoyable to watch since the voice acting from Blizzard is phenomenal. The storyline revolves around the warcraft one, giving a bit different and humorous explanation of some events.

To conclude, this cinematic wasn't done in the best manners of triggering and terraining, however it will surprise you in a good way and certanly give you a few laughs. 2/5 (Lacking) and Approved! I am approving it with a rating like this because I think it deserves it. However please update it as soon as possible and put credits on the ending, for music and such.

Level 3
Not to bad cinematic. I thought it was pretty funny. But kinda made me question where you were going with the story since you were using the campaign dialoge. One thing i would have liked to see different is the colors of the paladins. There was arthas in blue admiral in dg and the rest in lb. Otherwise i think you did a good use in voices.

Level 3
I meant like the sentences didnt match at some points and im like wtf.? and something random would happen next. A couple things i predicted would happen and was right but something were so random. Like the For honor, For lordaron scene i was questioning if my comp froze because it repeted so many times.