• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

story line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
ya i know this is the wrong area. well i think its the wrong area atlest but i don't care.
The people that post in this area normal have good story lines to what they write so i'm here to ask something.

I'm going to start a campaign or a multi player campaign.
i dont have a story line to go off for a campaign, and was wondering if some people can post here for a small story for a start of the campaign.
the small story to start the campaign that is picked i'll ask for it to be built on for a full story line for a campaign.
I thank everyone that helps me out in advance.

Level 11
Okay, why don't you say what kind of story you want. It's going to be your campaign, so you should say at least that. I mean, there's a hundred themes, you can decide to have a revenge-kind-of-campaign where the story revolves around the usual they-killed-my-parents/siblings/dog-and-I-want-them-to-pay or some other ideas, like.. the main hero is an ordinary villager and then becomes a super duper person with unique abilities and goes to kick butt of random dragon-monsters and such. I don't know, just say some kind of theme or something to get us started and then we'll try to figure something out.

Level 13
Ok i came up with it
Base it off Revange but from something that didnt happen to the hero more like something that happened int he past.
Hero reads/finds out about it disagrees with what happened and goes after a cult or race that caused what happened in the past
(Remember Remember the 5th of November) LOL
srry but thats how i got my idea for those that know that movie its from
well have fun n dont base it off the movie PLZ
PS its going to be a single player Campaign

Level 19
aye.. I would say, go RP, watch people's idea's and fix 'em with yours.
Or as I do most times, get bored, build something, place some units and make a back-ground story.. That's how I made the Nine Archfathers of the Dwarves in the History of the Dwarves

Level 13
not V for Vendetta per say but thats roughly where i got my idea
which i now have to put on hold cause my clan wants me to try and make a ORPG
but ya revenge or avenge whichever you want to call this

Kid playing in a forest sees some mercs (sorry cant spell so i use short forms) kill a person that lives in the small little village, the kid is from. After the mercs get out of sight the kid runs out the small village that isn't far away.
(Every night the kid dreams of what happened for six years)
six years later
the kid is now around 16 years old and is allowed to go away from the village now. He/She (user selection) runs to a small town from the doctor of the small village.
IT gets jumped by mercs that look like the ones IT saw 6 years ago.
IT wakes up twelve hours later in a small hut, And sets out to find out what the connection is between the mercs and the medical center of he/her village.

Level 6
You shouldn't think of a theme or a type of story, your story should define itself, fit into its own type and style.

Basing your entire story off of one word is a bad way to go, and if thinking of a one-word theme is the only way you can think of a story then storywriting is probably not your thing. Perhaps making the game itself is more up your alley.

Level 7
To be honest, I would say to steer clear of the revenge theme. It's used way too much, and rarely done well.

Especially if you have never completed a full campaign before, I would say go for a simple Kingdom X vs. Kingdom Y. Or something else, I don't know. Destiny and fate themes are also good to go on, or the simple good vs. evil.

Level 6
Those are all still big themes. Start small with the storyline without thinking of the big picture, develop what happens to your character as the time goes on. If you ever need to use a theme don't use it as a premise for the entire game, but as an underlying force in small sections of the plot.

It's inevitable that you will eventually want to figure out what happens in the future, but you really should still try to leave it open, that way the game achieves an adventurous and free feeling rather than just having the player always running around facing the same enemy and the same premise.

And avoid Good vs. Evil, your heroes should be realistic (nobody in their right mind just becomes a hero) with their own flaws and backstories, and the villians should have backstories to them as well (what made them become so evil?), almost to the point where killing them would be tragic (Although sometimes villians are just greedy assholes that don't need to be justified).

Status
Not open for further replies.