• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Writing a script for a game: Am I doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So, I have been working alone on this project of mine for more than a year now. It involves writing a very long story line for 5 characters interacting each other. Because I have been working on it on and off, I have to leave some memo to continue writing the script for the game. Since the project is becoming a huge investment of time for me, I wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly.

So my procedure of making this script went like this.

Vaguely think of some story
-> Create 5 characters and write down all of their traits. And also take some notes of how you would like them to change over the course of the journey
-> Create the universe for the characters (I skip this part since it's in the WC3 universe)
-> Start writing the outline of the story and try your best to keep each character's decisions throughout the story make sense for each of them
-> Review the entire story and find any plot-holes and stuff
-> Start writing the entire script with everything in it.

I didn't learn how to write a story so that is the best method I could think of. Am I missing anything? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.