• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stormreaver Barracks / Beta Human Barracks

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
In the Warcraft III Reign of Chaos beta, the Human Barracks had banners showing the symbol of the Stormreaver clan, instead of the symbol of Lordaeron.

My guess is that someone told the artist to use the banner of the blue nation from Warcraft II, but not the one with the lion, forgetting that Lordaeron isn't colored blue in that game. Since the artist didn't use the lion one (Azeroth), they picked the other blue one (Stormreaver).

This texture can be seen on the icon of the Barracks, that is still in the game:
243860-8786a689884c59fab5f7d81f61969e54.png
Previews
Contents

Stormreaver Barracks / Beta Human Barracks (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
I think a simple CnP of a tiny area of a texture is not enough to justify a rating above Lacking and has only a minor use since I can't imagine a barracks with a Stormreaver flag being particularly useful. I am approving it since it replicates a Beta...
I took a good look at it, and I remembered seeing the similar image from this website. It showed other banners in which never made it into retail.
Where did you find it?
This texture was the one used by the barracks in the beta of Warcraft III. The only difference from the release texture is the Stormreaver icon instead of the Lordaeron one. But textures have the unused eagle that seems to originate from the earlier variant you showed earlier

Did wherever you find that resource have other resources there too?
Of course, it's the Wc3 RoC Beta mpq. It has a lot of cool things that got cut from the release
Blizzard Entertainment (some that are here are from the beta, some of them are edits)

I think a simple CnP of a tiny area of a texture is not enough to justify a rating above Lacking and has only a minor use since I can't imagine a barracks with a Stormreaver flag being particularly useful. I am approving it since it replicates a Beta unit which might be of historical interest to some people.

I think a simple CnP of a tiny area of a texture is not enough to justify a rating above Lacking and has only a minor use since I can't imagine a barracks with a Stormreaver flag being particularly useful. I am approving it since it replicates a Beta unit which might be of historical interest to some people.
In lore, we could invent that Stormreaver orcs captured the Human Barracks and made it their own.

Wait a minute? What CnP? This is the original texture from the Beta MPQ. I extracted it and converted it to the new BLP format. Blizzard CnP'd the flag of Lordaeron over the Stormreaver one after the Beta because they realized their mistake

Wait a minute? What CnP? This is the original texture from the Beta MPQ. I extracted it and converted it to the new BLP format. Blizzard CnP'd the flag of Lordaeron over the Stormreaver one after the Beta because they realized their mistake
Ok, so this is just an original Blizzard texture from the beta MPQ? So have you done anything to it other than extract and convert it?