• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stopped Working on FBF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hallo guys,

due to too few players on Battle.net and Wc3 I stopped working on FBF.
There are enough Host-Providers but it's not possible to get game full.
Exactly for this reason i can't test bugs or new featutes.

I would not say FBF is dead but for the moment I'll not spend any time for it.
FBF is a multiplayer game and 1v1 or 2v2 it makes no fun :(

Best Reg. and thx for those who helped me with this project. It was a really cool time.

Level 13
I really like this project. I played it on GameRanger. You can't just give up?

I would continue but i can't test anything because only a few games started with different bots and the battle.net is absolutly empty. Just take a look and you'll find so many bots online and no players are on the slots. Wc3 is dead, thats the thruth!
Btw, it means this project is being moved in "finished outlines" or it will be continued some time later?

As i said, i would do it BUT why should i and for what players?

Sorry... :( I'm very sad too because i spend 6 years of my time.

Level 8
Even if it doesn't make sense, it might be worth to continue, because... if battle.net is so empty as you describe it to be, then its best to rely on GameRanger -- for it has over 100-150 players playing at all times, and there's no such thing as hostbot over there. I mean, I'll be honest, I did play the map on gamerange and I saw alredy some others playing it, there, including eurobattle.net (empty as well but there were hosts.)

Level 13
First of all, I like your project. It is very ambitious and the ideas behind it are beautiful as it is the same with the whole set up.
But here comes my critique.
I saw the abandoning of this project coming before you started with the latest test versions.
You rarely implemented the major stuff we suggested, as for example no collision or less collision for minions.
In a full house game it was 6vs6 on a single lane, which was not wide enough at all.
You got a beautiful terrain, but it has also the disadvantage that you can not modify it yourself if you want to create a second lane for example.
Newer versions of the map did take too long you wanted us to play the bugged versions all over again without hotfixing them and you even hosted gaming events where you as host were not present.
The game just did not work if there were less players, as your set player constellations.
It is basicly a defence map where the defending team can weaken the attacking team with a very simple tower defence mechanic but the attacking team has no option to protect their minions.

If you want to revive your map one more time here are my last suggestions:
  • the dome is a nice way for the attacking team to teleport back to base and have some kind of safe point. But I have a suggestion of how it should work even better. Remove the possibility to buy units. Give the shop units just a rune which one can buy and teleports the hero unit to its base. But the teleportation has a three seconds channel time which enemy units can interrupt and the teleporting unit has to stay in the dome while channeling.
  • enemy units receive a knockback when they enter the dome
  • After each won boss battle, you move the dome to the boss battle zone or create a new dome.
  • About the minion spawn. You'll always have the problem of balancing it.
    Because the balancing must happen dynamically to the number of players on each team since the gameplay is asymmetrical what means the two teams are playing different games.
    I hope you know legion td, because you should implemend the units spawn system this map has to offer. The attacking players have a base where they are training units which will spawn during the next wave.
    They can upgrade their base to build stronger units etc.
    About the income for training units. The attacking players hava no use for wood at the moment. So, you can use this resources for that.
    But you can also use gold, because I experienced that one has too much gold in late game as an attacker.
    Another possibility would be buying wood with gold.
    This mechanic fills the gap between the enemy team builds towers and the AoS part.
    As soon as the minions spawn, it is not possible to build new towers and upgrading the attacking units is also deactivated.
    So your game will have 2 phases
    1. Attacker Train units / upgrade base / upgrade units, Defender build towers / upgrade towers.
    2. Minions spawn, one can not train new units / upgrade them. No towers can be build / upgraded. The AoS part begins as soon as the minions enter the forsakens bastion and ends as soon as the timer runs out or all attacking units are dead
    3. (Heroes can move freely the whole time)
  • Now about the boss battles. You have to make the bridge much wider. It is just too tight for battles. Overall I suggest this layout:
    144287-albums4222-picture90132.jpg

The boss battles are too simple and don't feel like one is fighting a boss. You should script some kind of events that happen if a boss gets attacked.
    Spawn acid on the ground which damages nearby units. Throw random webs at units etc. If you make the bridge bigger, try to splitt up the attacking minions, so that they can attack the boss from two sides.

Edit: I also want to adress your way of communitcation. I don't know why you used the warcraft chat for the events. One can not copy links from it and the overall set up is not quite suitable, because one has to be in the game for it and people are used to exit warcraft after a match.
Use irc chats as we use it for the warcraft gaming event. You can even use that channel, because there will be people willing to play your map, but not if there are no updates.
It is true that without a planned event, you won't get your map full. But that is something every project has to work with.

I would continue but i can't test anything because only a few games started with different bots and the battle.net is absolutly empty. Just take a look and you'll find so many bots online and no players are on the slots. Wc3 is dead, thats the thruth!

As i said, i would do it BUT why should i and for what players?

Sorry... :( I'm very sad too because i spend 6 years of my time.

It's funny how wrong you truly are. Players are just harder to find nowadays, wc3 isn't empty and it definitely isn't dead. More room for other mapmakers at least then, good luck with stuff. :thumbs_up:

Shouldn't give up if you enjoy mapmaking, I am still only here because of the communities and friends I have met and got to know.

The truth is people watch lobbies from sites usually. If your really desperate for players try gameranger or RoC servers and persuade them to play TFT. There is still well over 1000 wc3'ers out there.

It's an interesting map you made, but still lacking in area's.

Status
Not open for further replies.