1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Stone Fence, Fence w/o Columns

Submitted by Geries
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I give permission to edit the models fo ya'll.
Portrait file is the fence without columns.

Update: Fixed model extents.

All in One pack:
> > HERE < <

Keywords:
Geries, Abandoned, Haunted, Cemetery, Area, Stone, Wall, Fences, Temple, Whatever, Cool, Kewl, Naruto, What
Contents

Stone Fence, Fence w/o Columns (Model)

Stone Fence, Fence w/o Columns (Model)

Reviews
03:09, 14th Mar 2012 anarchianbedlam: Looks good, works ingame, simple enough and could be useful
  1. 03:09, 14th Mar 2012
    anarchianbedlam: Looks good, works ingame, simple enough and could be useful

2. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice model. I like the stand animation.

3. judash137

judash137

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is my suggest:
    BTW You can save alot of poly without harming the look of fence too!

Attached Files:

4. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Yush... I was thinking of other variations before like ruined walls, some grass/shrub on it, etc... First time I wasn't making it for this theme so I wasn't about to make more variations or details. But it has several problems if you don't want to change the original model. More model - more size. Also people don't like to have too much model variations cause they always making new doodad types for new models/types. So having too much makes too much work as well. And from experience: Terrainers don't use wide variety of models. But if you only want to change this model it reduces the number of options where you can put it.

Why to reduce poly count? 291 polies aren't a big deal are they? Warcraft can have 660000 polies displayed while keeping at 40-50 FPS. Also in your model you have 277 poly so -15 I don't think so much for that quality loss. This way I could change the whole fence to 64*32 alpha textures. :p Btw I don't like lowpoly modelling. I was never making models with low graphic textures or triangular shapes only. Thats why I don't dare to upload them to hive also thats why I don't ever finished too much of them. :D

Btw your suggestions are good :)

5. judash137

judash137

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually in some horror movie, children alway curious and using ruin fence as a gate to sneak into graveyard and get some serious trouble.
    So making a ruin fence as a hidden gate may be an idea!

6. MapVision

MapVision

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really good for building graveyard 5/5