• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a texture of a fence that I'm trying to apply to a mesh, however I need to make it so that the background of it is clear.
There's the image of the fence over a white background, so is there a way to make it so that the white doesn't render so it looks like a fence and not a white block thing with the fence over it?
I'm using 3DS Max, can use 5 or 8.

Level 18
You need to set the texture up correctly in 3dsmax.
If you are able to explain a little more of what you are trying to do I can help more.

For a wc3 item:
the texture must be set as a wc3 texture and you will need to check the right box to include alpha in the texture.

For a normal render:
You need to make a transparency texture which is grayscale.
Black for invis, white for opaque.

Level 6
You need to set the texture up correctly in 3dsmax.
If you are able to explain a little more of what you are trying to do I can help more.

For a wc3 item:
the texture must be set as a wc3 texture and you will need to check the right box to include alpha in the texture.

For a normal render:
You need to make a transparency texture which is grayscale.
Black for invis, white for opaque.

Can you perhaps give me a link to a tutorial to guide me how to set it up for Warcraft?

I uploaded a picture of it here, in case that helps at all.

Attachments

• ist2_3138407_seamless_chainlink_fence.jpg
    ist2_3138407_seamless_chainlink_fence.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 6,881
Status
Not open for further replies.