• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

STILL POSSIBLE WITH 1.24e+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is reinventing warcraft possible within the latest version?
~use mouse to rotate camera, click with it to attack.
~W,A,S,D Movement
~other

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
posts like these make people go from warcraft 3 to starcraft 2, which is for some guys good, but for some it's not.
which is deffinetly NOT a good idea.

He wants to bring an idea to life in the form of a game. As WC3 clearly can not do what he wants to make, he should look for a game or engine which does. In this case SC2 is most like WC3 (can do nearly everything WC3 could) while also supporting what he wants.

Ofcourse, nothing stops him imagining a new idea more suited to the capabilities of WC3 but if he wants to continue with his current idea he will need another game engine.

Level 28
okay, if you think that it's impossible for such camera and system, how do you explain the video?
I've created such a system before. Even a little bit more advanced...
Easy if you have access to RtC. RtC (Reinventing the Craft) uses an edited Warcraft engine (not the default one, that wouldn't work) to detect mouse-and keyboard events.
It's not possible with the standard Warcraft and thus cannot be played on b.net (I do not know about LAN, all players must have the edited warcraft engine in either case though).

Unfortunately, RtC does not work with the latest JNGP (and Warcraft), thus you cannot create it anymore.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I've created such a system before. Even a little bit more advanced...
Easy if you have access to RtC. RtC (Reinventing the Craft) uses an edited Warcraft engine (not the default one, that wouldn't work) to detect mouse-and keyboard events.
It's not possible with the standard Warcraft and thus cannot be played on b.net (I do not know about LAN, all players must have the edited warcraft engine in either case though).

Unfortunately, RtC does not work with the latest JNGP (and Warcraft), thus you cannot create it anymore.

sux =(

Level 9
what do you mean? @deathchef
Do you mean that when we press arrow letters as movement system will have a second delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.