• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement and "aiming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Here is a list of some dilemmas that i really need help with; quite fundamental for my project.

1: Movement
I know on azeroth grand prix you can use the arrow keys to move the car. Can that be integrated into a style so that, from birds eye view, you can move a character using the WSAD keys? (e.g. W moves character up, S down, A left, D right?)

2: Permanent attack
If that movement is possible, then using the mouse to move is unnecesary. Therefore, is there a way to keep the mouse as attacking rather than pressing attack then aiming again?

If any of these are possible, please help and show how I can do that for my marine character!
Thanks.

Level 6
Who uses ASDW? You can simply use the arrow keys....much simpler....just remember to disable keyboard scrolling/lock the camera....

If you absolutely must...use the spell thing so that when he presses "w" the unit starts moving and wont stop until he presses "w" again...i doubt there is an easy way to trigger holding down "w".

Level 1
:infl_thumbs_up:

That's really groovy; thanks very much. I'll look at all your suggestions to see if I can use them accordingly.
Looking at permanent attack; I think I worded it kinda confusingly, so this is a much better way of stating my problem:

"Is there a way to click the mouse button on any of the map and attack in that direction?" It's possibly much easier to use the 'select unit' but the problem is for my protagonist to stop firing other than deselecting by clicking himself.
But other than that, it's really great, so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.