• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Step by step guide on how to add hero-glow WITH modeling tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm not into the attachment, ability, or trigger method. Need some help over here of how do I add hero-glow on a model with modeling tools like Magos and Mdlvis. Will be much appreciated if someone would help me so. :)

Here you have2 Tutorials as guides: create models only with free tools and how to add/remove hero glow with modelling

Additionally, you can do it this way: open a hero model in MDLVIS, remove all geosets except for the hero glow and save it as .mdx.
Open this "model" now with Magos, open the Geoset Manager and go to "Export Geoset" and save it. Then open the model to which you want to add the hero glow.
Go to "Node Manager", and "Create Bone". Move this bone to the top of all bones and name it glow or hero glow or so. Now open the Geoset Manager, right-click and select "Import Geoset". Now select your previously exported geoset and select it. After clicking OK a window will pop up in which it says something about Nodes or bones with a drop-down menu. In the drop-down menu you select the bone "hero glow" or how you named it and click "OK". Voila! Now it should appear as a black square thingy at the bottom of the model in MAgos. Now you just need to make it use the proper texture and it should be done!

Hope my guide was helpfull! :wink:

Level 6
Here you have2 Tutorials as guides: create models only with free tools and how to add/remove hero glow with modelling

Additionally, you can do it this way: open a hero model in MDLVIS, remove all geosets except for the hero glow and save it as .mdx.
Open this "model" now with Magos, open the Geoset Manager and go to "Export Geoset" and save it. Then open the model to which you want to add the hero glow.
Go to "Node Manager", and "Create Bone". Move this bone to the top of all bones and name it glow or hero glow or so. Now open the Geoset Manager, right-click and select "Import Geoset". Now select your previously exported geoset and select it. After clicking OK a window will pop up in which it says something about Nodes or bones with a drop-down menu. In the drop-down menu you select the bone "hero glow" or how you named it and click "OK". Voila! Now it should appear as a black square thingy at the bottom of the model in MAgos. Now you just need to make it use the proper texture and it should be done!

Hope my guide was helpfull! :wink:

A big thanks to this, man. Very helpful. Saving it to bookmarks and now I'll be doing it. Just one more thing, do I move the bone in the field of model or the list of bones in the pane?

A big thanks to this, man. Very helpful. Saving it to bookmarks and now I'll be doing it. Just one more thing, do I move the bone in the field of model or the list of bones in the pane?
Any time. :) depends on the kind of "move". If you are referring to the
Move this bone to the top of all bones and name it
, then you do this in Magos in the Node Manager (list of bones in Magos).

If you want to move the bone in the model window, you can do this as well in the bone list of Magos (Node Manager) by changing the bone`s X, Y and Z values, but i would't recommend this route. It's quite bothersome. The better way for this would be to move it around in MDLVIS.

Hope this helps you too. ^^

Level 6
Any time. :) depends on the kind of "move". If you are referring to the , then you do this in Magos in the Node Manager (list of bones in Magos).

If you want to move the bone in the model window, you can do this as well in the bone list of Magos (Node Manager) by changing the bone`s X, Y and Z values, but i would't recommend this route. It's quite bothersome. The better way for this would be to move it around in MDLVIS.

Hope this helps you too. ^^
Thanks, will try it when I get into my laptop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.