• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steel Titans - Gods of War: New Phpbb Forums!

What do you think about ST:GoW?

• Nice, another fine campaign for the community.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok, more stuff to fill up wc3sear.ch with.

• Yay! Another group of newbies that are gonna start something but won't finish it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thunderous sounds of an army marching across the hills, the grinding of steel parts running against eachother, and the howl of men as they charge forward in their mechanical suits, or just wearing the little armor they could find. Fighting for what they believe in, or for what they want...

This is the battlefield that Steel Titans: Gods of War takes place on, two nations, fighting a neverending conflict with armies of mechs, mobile suits, and infantry.

The first release of ST:GoW will be a campaign series. Eventually we will add 2 more teams to the mix, and turn it into a complete conversion for wc3.

Currently we have a few of the models completed for buildings and a few mecha. Hopefully if all turns out right we could have a working version in about a month or two, but it could be done quicker if we had some help.

Right now the only staff working on this is me and Minigun77, but if you are interested in helping with ST, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. Both me and Minigun also use AIM so you can contact us at EbonyAssassin2 or KirinMG77

Also, we need feedback, so if you could, please take the time to use the poll at the top of this post. We would like to know how many of you really are looking forward to this project!

Level 3
we are currently recruiting some help with this project for two people isnt enough to make a TC.
you can post your request to join as long as it contains the following in order with correct grammar please.
1. what you wish to do for the group
2. links to screenshots of some of your work
3. personal rating of your work
4. estimated level of commitment towards this project
5. a way to contact you (i.e. aim, pm, email)
6. a :)

if you have been contacted with a request to join then you do not have to post.
we hope that people will support us throughout the creation of Steel Titans and contribute their ideas as we go on.

Steel Titans co-producer
Minigun77

Heh ok peeps heres the deal, I'll try to post an update occasionally on the progress, right now me and minigun are deciding on ideas for the different teams.

DB's Idea:
-----------------
Honorable Nation
Tyrannical Nation
Aliens
Rebellion (or some kind of AI team)

MG's Idea
-----------------
Honorable Nation
AI
Aliens
Rebellion

And we need to know whether to make the aliens like infecters, where they can infect enemy units with viruses or parasites that cause them to control that unit until a medic gets ahold of it or it dies. Or should we make them a high tech race.

Organic Parasites vs. High Tech Killers
Which one do you think?

We need some feedback here, it would REALLY be nice ^_^

Current Project:
Skinning (Bleh I hate skinning)
Concepts, an assload of concepts...

^_^ Yay! We welcome Rao Dao Zao to the ST staff!

Work update...
Currently RDZ and Me are working on messing with some soldiers and animations for them, meanwhile Minigun is messing with some sweet structures, including a bunker for the AI team, the bunker upgrades to gain either an AA Gun, a Cannon, or a Chain Gun, but can also garrison soldiers so they can fire out of them.

Ok we've come to a decision on the story (YAY!) Well at least IVE come to a decision.
If you dont agree Minigun, I don't care cuz its been hard trying to do concepts without a story ^_^

Here is the basic story...
-----------------------------------------------------

People trash earth...

Rich people leave earth cuz they can afford it...

New planet, like a twin of earth is found, named Azaria. Rich people start colonies there...

Remaining people on Earth are dying from pollution but still manage to hang onto life...

Some refugees from Earth arrive at Azaria, the Azarians don't want them and shoot them down, thousands die in the incident...

A group of people rebel against the Azarian government for their actions against the Forsaken (Remaining Earthlings)...

The rebellion call themselves the Crimson Order and create small terrorist attacks around the planet of Azaria.

A transmission arrives from Earth, a race of aliens has invaded earth, devouring all metal in site and infecting all humans with parasites...

The Azarian government refuses to send aid to Earth to help the Forsaken fight the onslaught. The Crimson Order sends some mobile suits but when they arrive they find nothing, even the moon is gone...

As the Crimson Order squad returns to Azaria they are followed by the Alien warships. The aliens begin an onslaught on a small colony on a nearby planet...

A Scientist working for the Azarians creates a set of droids that have human like characteristics, they feel. The robots are suppose to help kill the alien menace, but when a soldier mocks the professors accomplishments and shoots one of the AI bots, the bot reacts and stabs the soldier, killing him slowly. The bots then escape...

The aliens settle down for a bit on the moon of Azaria, they have yet to begin a major assault on the planet. Meanwhile some rogue reports of a small robotic army slaughtering villages around Azaria...

A large creature begins attacking a small city in Azaria, it devours all metal it sees and even starts eating humans. The creature earned its name "The Devourer". The Devourer slowly mutates into a larger creature with each thing it eats...

A battle begins against the Devourer, the Crimson Order sends its 112th Dragoon Division to combat the creature, mysteriously another group of Droids appears to help combat the creature, the allegience of the droids is unknown....

The Azarians discover a new metal on their planet, they call the new metal "True Steel" because it retains the properties of steel but it much more powerful and flexible. They begin using it to build Mobile Suits and Mechs immediatly...

The Devourer wipes out 3 cities before retreating back to the moon, after the Devourer leaves the Strange new allies turn on the 112th and wipes them out, killing them slowly and torturing them, how do allies become enemies so easily?...

The Crimson Order, Azarians, and the Aliens are in an all out war between the worlds, when the strange group of Droids appears again, the droids are now known to be the renegade bots created to destroy the aliens. They have constructed their own civilization on a nearby world and want to destroy all that lives...

February 15th 2350, the Azarians send out an elite squad of Mobile Suits to save a remote town. The question is will they arrive in time...

This is where your journey begins...
-----------------------------------------------------

Tell us what you think!

We've also decided on the teams, here is what we have come up with...

The Nation of Azaria
The proud nation of Azaria, the largest remaining stronghold of humanity.

The Crimson Order
The Rebellion against the Azarians for their acts against the Forsaken.

The Oridin
A supercomputer, constructed to help destroy the Viegians, it turned on its masters.

Viegians
vee-egg-ee-ans
Cyborg alien parasites, they infest and devour.

The Forsaken Non-Playable
The Forsaken are the remaining survivors on Earth, many in number, but lack technology.

This is it, prepare for the flow of models ^_^

I will be opening a Photobucket account for any of you who wish to see screenshots of models from the project, I'll announce when I've completed it...

We now have our own forums! You can check them out at http://s8.invisionfree.com/Steel_Titans/index.php?act=site

These forums are relatively new so we are still messing with them a bit. So you experience downtime or bugs with the forum please let one of the admins know about it.

Also we are looking for a webmaster who is skilled with forums and forum tools to help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.