• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Titans War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK, so basically my plan is to make a campaign based off the war between the titans and the demons during the age of creation. most specifically i would like to focus on Sargeras and his slow downfall of going from protector of creation to its destroyer. I would like to make the campaign span several levels, involving the most important parts that lead to Sargeras going mad. I am going to include his meeting, battling, and capturing of the 2 primary species responsible for his downfall, the Eredar and the Nathrezim. After he finally loses it, i would like to do a few levels of him as the traitor and freeing the Nathrezim and Eredar. There are of course many, many more details that i need to add to this, and Ive figured a lot of this out, but there are a few things i need help with, and basically, that would be with models and skins for Titan units and structures. There are already more than enough resources on this site for a complete demon army, but there isn't much for me to work with to make a titan army. i really need help with this, and other aspects of this campaign that i will post when i have the chance.

ok, so the work behind making a campaign with two completely new armies is far more intense than i first realized. There is so much that has to be done i dont even know where to start. have to create 2 new structure, upgrade, and unit trees, in addition to the making of the actual models. Then there are the maps, and objectives. oh, dialogue too. im sure there is more im forgetting too. but anyway, the point is that everything about the entire campaign needs to be worked out on paper before the actual creation can begin. well, ive done most of the on paper stuff, and i am ready to move onto the next step, the modeling. this is where i am going to have the real trouble. i have the tools needed to model and make skins and such, but i lack any artistic talent. There are plenty of resources on this site to help me with making a demon army, but the titan army will be much harder to make. i need help making titan units and structures. one of the hardest parts about this is how little there is going to be to model them after. the only description i have read on what the titans look like is that Sargeras, before turning traitor, was a giant looking of liquid bronze. What i would like to do for Titan units is use a rock golem model, make the skin flow (like a water elemental) in metallic colors, and have various types of armor over the top of it. I don't see them using weapons other than throwing rocks, be they solid or partially molten. I see them beating the living hell out of things with their bare hands.

so i guess what i am asking from the community is this: creative ideas on what titan units\structures should look like and for people to help me model them.

I will add more to this later, such as the basic level layout, unit ideas, and maybe some dialogue.

This campaign is still in very early alpha and not ready for testing of any kind.

UPDATE :

ok so here is a rough draft of what i want the unit, tech, and structure trees to look like for the Titan forces. there is still a lot to add and none of what i have so far is permanent. i am still unsure of what to name some of the units/structures so any naming advice, or any thoughts or comments, are greatly appreciated and much wanted.

Titan Structures:

Town Hall - primary structure, has 3 tiers, trains Workers at tier 1, has Pantheons Chosen upgrade at tier 3, requires Alter of the Ancients to upgrade to tier 3

Alter of the Ancients - available at tier 1, Summons Heroes, is required to make tier 3 Town Hall

Barracks - available at tier 1, makes Warriors at tier 1, Rock Throwers at tier 1, and Boulder Chckers at tier 2. Has the upgrades Titan Power at tier 2, Harder Rocks at tier 2, and Powerful Throw at tier 3

Observation Tower - available at tier 1, produces food, upgrades to Defense tower, requires resource processing to upgrade to Defense Tower

Roost - available at tier 2, makes Harpies at tier 2 and Dragons at tier 3, has the upgrades Evolution at tier 3 and Worldly Defender at tier 3

Resource Precessing - available at tier 1, drop off point for lumber and main upgrade structure, has 3 tiers of Heavy Armor/Weapons and Light Armor Weapons

Magic Training - available at tier 2, trains Flesh Shaper and Earth Shaper at tier 2, has upgrades Fleshes Weakness and Shockwave at tier 2 and Polymorph and Minor Ragnarok at tier 3

Advanced Training - available at tier 3, trains Mauler, Hunter, and Sprinter at tier 3, has upgrades Flurry of Blows, Hunting, and Burst of Speed at tier 3

Item Shop - available at tier 1, more items available at tier 2 and tier 3

Titan Units:

Worker - basic worker unit, builds, repairs, and gathers resources

Warrior - basic melee unit, trained at Barracks, tier 1, gains Titan Power upgrade at tier 2 at Barracks

Rock Thrower - basic ranged unit, trained at barracks, tier 1, requires the Resource Processing structure, gains Harder Rocks upgrade at tier 2 at Barracks

Flesh Shaper - basic magic unit, trained at Magic training, tier 2, starts with Flesh Sculpting, gains Fleshes Weakness researched at tier 2 at Magic Training, also gains Polymorph researched at tier 3 at Magic Training

Earth Shaper - secondary magic unit, trained at Magic Training, tier 2, starts with Earthquake, gains Shockwave researched at tier 2 at Magic Training, also gains Minor Ragnarok researched at tier 3 at Magic Training

Boulder Chucker* - siege unit, trained at barracks, tier 2, gains Powerful Throw upgrade at tier 3 at Barracks

Harpy - basic flying unit, trained at Roost, tier 2, gains Evolution upgrade at tier 3 at Roost

Dragon - advanced flying unit, trained at Roost, tier 3, gains Worldly Defender ability at tier 3 at Roost

Mauler - advanced melee unit, trained at Advanced Training, tier 3, gains Flurry of Blows ability researched at tier 3 at Advanced Training

Hunter - advanced ranged unit, trained at Advanced Training, tier 3, gains Hunting ability at tier 3 at Advanced Training

Sprinter - cavalry(well, a fast unit anyway), trained at Advanced training, tier 3, gains Burst of Speed ability at tier 3 at Advanced Training

Titan Abilities, Spells, and Upgrades:

Titan Power - researched at tier 2 at Barracks, affects Warrior, grants damage and health bonus

Harder rocks - researched at tier 2 at Barracks, affects Rock Thrower, Increases damage

Flesh Sculpting - starting spell for Flesh Shaper, allows Flesh Shaper to create 2 minor flesh creatures that degrade after 60 seconds.

Fleshes Weakness - researched at Magic Training at tier 2, gives Flesh Shaper the Fleshes weakness spell which reduces targets current hit points by 25%

Polymorph - researched at Magic Training at tier 3, gives Flesh Shaper the Polymorph spell which turns target into a sheep for 60 seconds

Earthquake - starting spell for Earth Shaper, gives Earth Shaper the Earthquake Spell which slows all enemies and deals damage to all structures within an AoE

Shockwave - researched at Magic Training at tier 2, gives Earth Shaper the Shockwave spell which deals damage to enemy units in a line

Minor Ragnarok - researched at Magic Training at tier 3, gives Earth Shaper the Minor Ragnarok spell which destroys a small portion of the planet and kills all units within its AoE

Powerful Throw - researched at Barracks at tier 3, affects Boulder Chucker, increases attack range

Flurry of Blows - researched at Advanced Training, affects Mauler, grants the Flurry of Blows ability which increases attack speed by 100% for 30 seconds

Hunting - researched at Advanced Training, affects Hunter, grants the Hunting ability which reduces armor and grants line of sight of target unit. unit also takes extra damage from Hunters

Evolution - researched at Roost at tier 3, affects Harpy, increases hit points, armor, and damage

Worldly Defender - researched at Roost at tier 3, affects Dragons, grants the Worldly Defender skill which banishes target unit for 30 seconds

Burst of Speed - researched a Advanced Training at tier 3, affects Sprinters, grants Sprinters the Bust of Speed ability which increases the Sprinters movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 25% for 60 seconds

Heavy Armor upgrades - researched at Resource Processing at tier 1-3, grants armor bonus to Warrior, Earth Shaper, Boulder Chucker, Mauler, and Dragon

Heavy Weapons upgrades - same as above but grants damage upgrades

Light Armor upgrades - researched at Resource Processing at tier 1-3, grants armor bonus to Rock Thrower, Flesh Shaper, Hunter, Harpy, and Sprinter

I wish there was a way to make this look neater and not just like an endless list...

any advice on anything, be it unit names, spell abilities, or anything else is much wanted and greatly appreciated. what i need the most help with right now is what the titan structures should look like, and someone to help model the structures and units.

Last edited:
Level 15
Titans.jpg
[/IMG]

Here you go, titan models. Hope this helps you.

Level 2
Im not gonna lie, i have no intent whatsoever to follow any story, history, or pot laid down by wow. I plan on making models less akin to greek gods and more like... i dunno yet, but not greek gods. The best pre-wow description i have of them is with melting metal skin. I might use a rockgolem model, add skin like the water elemental - a constantly moving surface - but with more metallic colors, and then throw some plates of armor on top. that doesn't sound too bad. anyone wanna make something like that and see how it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.