Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Stationary Unit facing direction

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by HerrDave, Oct 31, 2018.

1. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In my map, I have a unit that can toggle between packed and deployed mode.

Mechanically he works just fine, but I'm having a problem.

The gunner will not turn to shoot his enemies from his deployed state, instead he'll shoot them from the side of his gun or from his back.

How do I go about fixing this?

2. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If a unit has 0 movespeed it can't turn to face targets; give it 1 movespeed in the OE. Alternatively I think you could edit the model to make the gunner bone(s?) in the deployed state work like a turret.

3. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think you may want to make the mounted gunner one as a building like a tower while having a morph/toggle ability to become mobile (as unit).

4. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Units that are immobile because of e.g. ensnare can still turn and attack or shoot.

So you could just spawn a dummy unit with an infinitely long duration of a custom ensnare whenever the unit morphs into the stationary form, and of course you'd also need to remove the buff when it changes back to the mobile one.

Iirc it also works with the footman defend ability if you want a no-morph one in all toggle ability, though I'm guess you don't.