• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Start Locations & Remove Excess Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am making a map with 2 set start locations, and 3 more start locations.

I want the 3 other locations to be randomly chosen from 2 options for each location, for a total of 6 possible locations.

Then, I'd like the creeps in the area to be removed, but I'd like it done for an area larger than the standard 1024 'remove excess units' radius.

Thanks for any help.

:aw:

Level 9
Make regions where you want the town hall to be built, then use a trigger at initialization, create an integer thats a random number between 1 and the amount of possible places you want. The actions would be if then else actions for each possible integer and for each 1 make a town hall be built at one of those locations.

Level 1
Thanks for the reply. Your screenshot helped. :thumbs_up:

I did pretty much what is shown there, instead I chose to place starting units. The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do is how to actually place the 'starting location' marker on the random location. So I just piled all of the starting location markers on one spot on the map. I don't think that should make a difference to gameplay..:ash:

Status
Not open for further replies.