• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starship Troopers TTDV1.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Starship Troopers Time-to-die version 1.8!

Basically this is my remake of Starship Troopers for Warcraft 3.

All custom models done by me.

sstm.jpg

Gameplay:
3 Classes to choose from,
Trooper
Medic
Nuker

Trooper is mid range damage and attack speed and hp. With many skills to aid him kill bugs.

Medic has high damage but no critical strike chance, mid range hp and has abilities to keep him and others alive.

Nuker has high damage with little splash but slow attack speed, lots of hp. And has the nuke ability.

The com center is the main priority of the troopers, for without it they will not be found by the fleet. You will find many useful buy able items in the building. Such as mines, healing items, and recruit able troopers!

6 hidden items on the map that are mostly just aura's that do make a difference but nothing godlike.

Has been tested many times and it is possible to win if you know how to play. But single player is virtually impossible.

zoomin and zoomout work just type it how they are, not with a "-" in front of them like -zoomin.

Suggestions are welcome, but I will not add an engineer class so please do not ask.

Enjoy!

New in 1.8
-slowed down trooper run animation speed.
-added team colors.
-added technician that can build towers and walls.

Keywords:
Starship Troopers, arachnid
Contents

Starship Troopers TTDV1.8 (Map)

Reviews
17:44, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 11
Their are about 300 Starship Trooper maps. From the description, and the screen shot, i see no evidence that this is not just another run of the mill, starship troopers, map. the models look okay, but the terrain looks dreadful. its just open space, a wall, a tower, and some blizzard cliffs. all of this is of course, in a run of the mill rectangle.

Im sure this map could be fun and cool, but to make it fresh, you have to find ways, a lot of ways, to make this different from other starship trooper maps. Try making really awesome terrain (look in the terrain section on the forums). Or maybe make this starship troopers in like a jungle? or in space? or on a space ship that breaks down? or on an island?

Do something drastic with the terrain, so that is is fresh and exciting.

good luck =)

Level 5
From all the SST maps that I have played in the past, I find that mine is much different then any of them. I've been working on improving the fun aspects of it for a while, without making it like any other SST map. It is a hard thing to do. But I can tell you that is has improved a lot since my first version. I suppose I could try to make the terrain look better but its really not my thing. I wanted to try and keep it close to the movie like scene so that is why the base is mostly a rectangle. I may make another one that has a more exploring aspect to it. But this one is mostly just my "have fun with" map.

Level 11
Making maps just for the heck of it is okay, but, now i am fully unclear about the site rules and policies on this, but I'm not sure this would be the place to put it. I mean if i want to play a starship troopers map, ill just download some random one and play it. But like i said before, if this was like Starship Troopers: Jungle (or something like that) then this map would be worth downloading. This isn't meant to be some slap in the face, but their should be some originality requirement to get this approved, as well as terrain minimum. If you wanted to make it just like the movie, where is that whole building complex in the back of the base? Why arrant the troops on the walls shooting rather then clumped in no tactical position?

Im sorry for the harshness, really, alone this map is isn't terrible, however when put up against the rest of the custom map community, and all the other rectangle star ship troopers maps.

Level 5
They are only clumped because I was cheating so I could live long enough to get a screenshot of most of the bug models lol. And I don't know how to make the walls climb able. And I am still thinking of adding the rest of the buildings, but I do want to keep the file size of the map down.
My version requires much more tactics then most of the other starship trooper maps I have played, including the zagama beach one. Skills are very important to use, and 1 guy can not kill whole waves by himself. And someone has to exit the base in order to kill Plasma bugs and hero's. Or you will most likely lose after a few rounds of one still being alive.

Level 11
indeed, their are unique strategy's to winning all maps. In this maps case, its chill by one of 3 entry points. This is all done, in the same bland terrain, as the other maps. A wall, place to stand, a place to get items in the back or middle, and survive 20 minutes.

Again, i challenge you to make an original star-ship troopers map, with maybe an objective that isn't the same, bland, boring, survive 20 minutes theme. maybe do it in a forest, maybe do it in the arctic, maybe do it on a bunch of smaller islands, maybe do it on a space ship. But don't, do not, do it, in a rectangle, with poorly scaled walls, and only 1 other doodad (wait no, their are no other doodads, its blizzard cliff, wall, gun turret, item shop, troopers. that's it. that's all that's in the base. no 5 kb barrels, no 15 kb metal crates, no landing pad, no other buildings).

its really hard to be more clear then this. use your talents on something original, with lush terrain, plenty of doodads, and a not run of the mill survival theme. I'm confident people care less about being accurate to that sequence in starship troopers, and care more for an interesting map.

And don't be scared of going up to 2.5 mb, and don't be scared of systematically going through every single model on this site, scanning and bookmarking models that could be useful. For me personally, it isn't uncommon to go through all the models 2 or 3 full, separate times, picking out useful stuff. In addition, i have about 17 maps stored on my computer that i have created over the years, but yet only 3 are on the hive. I try hard not to put just any crap i made on here.

Level 1
good idea

But yeah terrain, thats were you lost me, i could deal with the rest just not the terrain, i can do that if you want? and send you a few different ones and you pick whichever one you like more? i can do the swamp, desert, jungle, nothing uber cool like a downed ship though, so yeah pm me if ya want and i can get on this for ya

Level 9
bad bad bad. 1st bad : heroes with no hero glow? aww. 2nd bad: all the units are sooo small. it makes clicking one by itself a job harder than eating a cheeseburger in a bite. i practically gave up trying to click each individual units. 3rd bad: terrain... please improve. these are the main problems i found out when i first entered the game. after that, i quitted the game. i see no point for me to continue.