• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starshatter ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contents

• [li]Storyline[/li]
    [li]What is Starshatter[/li]
    [li]Gameplay[/li]
    [li]Classes
    • [li]

Storyline

Three thousand years ago, wars tumulted the world of Serinal. Demons forged alliances under a common hate to destroy the raggedy bands of humanoids, under the banner of Wardens of Destiny. They were few in numbers, but they sure packed a punch.
    Thus, the wars rang out for two centuries. Children were bred to kill. The greatest leisure you had was to be injured or sick so they would excuse you from the battlefield for a short amount of time. It was going nowhere. The Wardens could not stand up to the hordes of demons. Eventually, they were crushed, and lost in the snowy artics...
    While in the artic regions of Serinal, five races made an alliance. The grace of the elves was backed with the ingenuity of the dwarves. Gnommish inventors swirled around human magi studying the arcane, while the angelic keepers forged away sacred artifacts and weapons, preparing for the crusade about to meet them...
    After being banished for fifty years, the newly forged alliance of Wardens headed off to the mainland. They were fearless and powerful now. Why? Three glyphs had been forged and enchanted in the snowy tundras. In these, demonic power was bound, as well as other magicks, to create a tumult of power. Each type of magic tried to rule supreme, and creating a conflict and aura strong enough to tear their world apart.
    They won. The Wardens banished the demons, and hid the glyphs deep in Serinal. They have emerged throughout history and wreaked havoc on Seranil, yet always they disappear deep down somewhere.
    That was then. Now, you are thrust in the middle of war. Old rivalships emerge. Demons by the thousands tear men apart, while the Wardens display impressive display of wings as the angellic paladins smite orcs to and fro.

What is Starshatter?
    Starshatter is a series of 5 ORPGs. While # 1 and 5 are your traditional RPGs, two, three, and four are a merge of genres. They are all compatiable, so you can use the same character thru save/load codes from map to map.

Starshatter 1: Poniards in Time: The first Starshatter is based in the areas where the arising Hellfire Legion is pressing against the Wardens. While both factions possess a glyph, it is impossible to win the war without destroying each other.
    Poniards in Time is centered around an RPG, yet it has some AoS elements in it: Such as side spawning and recipes. In order to win, destroy the opponents base OR somehow capture their glyph.
    Starshatter 2: Fimbulwinter: In this, a new race for each faction is introduced. Now, the Wardens have the option of choosing between the Elves, Angels, Gnomes, Dwarves, Humans, and the newest addition, the Lost Snow Elves, a line of prodigious elves back that descend from a lost band in the artic 3000 years ago. Undead, Demons, Orcs, Goblins, and the Trolls also get their new addition: a clan of beastmen who call themselves the Nephilium.
    The Hellfire Legion in Fimbulwinter hold a giant base to the north of the Warden's small outposts. The Hellfire Legion have set up defenses so, while they search for the glyphs, they can keep enemies out. This is like Wintermaul Wars (or really any tower wars). The Wardens have to send units to destroy the fortifications of the Legion, while the demonic forces have to build up hordes of defenders and towers.
    Starshatter 3: The Shrine: The third Starshatter is more of a "roleplay' map. Both teams have lost their glyphs in Fimbulwinter, so its rather peaceful. A special set of abilities called 'Roleplaying Skills' are added for items like 'Tell a joke', 'Flirt', 'Talk', etc. If you want to get good items rather easily, this casual game is an awesome training.
    This is freelancer: it doesn't end, like LoAP. It lasts as long as the player's time to play it.

Starshatter 4: The Torn Veil: The fourth focuses mainly on the point of new opponents for both sides; the Three Creators of the Glyphs. Summoned by necromancers, an undead or demonic Warden is called forth. This is based of a large scale-vampirisim map.
    Usually, there are 4 or 5 players to a team, while 1-2 players are for each side as cities, civilians, etc. Now, only one of those is an allied faction between the Legion and the Wardens. The remaning three are the 'vampires'. Vampires are specialized classes that cannot be saved, but have their own set of abilities. One controls Storm, the other Earth, the last Fire.

Starshatter 5: The Aether: After the 'vampires' are killed, the Legion and the Wardens are brought to the Netherealm: Where the powers for the Glpyhs were hidden. In this, they must completely desolate each other's economy. This is very tactical beacause you have to capture and control different outposts to gain resources.
    If your faction wins this, you will be given 50 research points (explained later) for beating it.

Gameplay
    Starshatter is a combo between the attribute system in HoSK, the spellbooks in Defi4nc3, and the normal hero abilities.
    To start, you pick a race and class. Each race has a few specialized abilities for common classes, their own advantages and disandvantages, plus a custom class or two. After this, you can earn Research Points, to further upgrade your abilities, attributes, and your professions.
    Your proffessions are much like you abilities. There are 16, and you can choose 2 for your character. They are
    Spellweaving - Creating Staves and Scrolls
    Mining - Self Explanitory
    Blacksmithing
    Alchemy - REAL Alchemy. Turning items into coins, etc.
    Herbalism - Potion making
    Leatherwork
    Enchanting
    Jewelcrafting
    Beastmastery
    Fletching
    Rune Lore - Being able to learn new spells based of scrolls
    Tailoring
    Engineering
    Marksmanship
    Swordcraft
    Merchanting
    Summoning
    Your professions are spellbooks with 3 pages each. A new skill is aquired when you research it at your 'House'. Your house also serves as your main upgrade area.
    Your abilities are slightly like it: 4 spellbooks with a page each. That 44 spells. To learn new spells, you 'learn' the 11 different levels of that spellbook, just as you would normal hero abilities.
    Also in this game, you will not, I repeat, not have to use banks or annoying backpacks. Instead, I am using Vexorian's extended inventory so you can keep stuff you need on you.
    Research points are given by completing quests and dungeons, as well as growing to levels above 75. (Max level = 500)

Screenshots:
    1. A few of the Legion's units I put in a group in front of their starting town. Enjoy!

2. A cathedral WIP. Really I have only made the cathedral and hadn't bother to create surrounding terrain yet.
    URL=http://imageshack.us]
    starshatter2uy1.png
    [/URL]

Level 8
sexy release date? and also explain more on the Beastmastery Fletching Marksmanship Swordcraft Merchanting Summoning.

Level 4
I really like the concept of carrying your character through different gametypes.

Is the map already out?

You can use |list| and |*| to create lists (no |/*| required). It doesn't look like this forum supports the method you're using in the OP. You need a slash in the end tag for underlining.

Nice !

Offtopic: Whoa I like that fire chick model. Where did u get it?

The fire chick is down at the bottom of this page.

Ok: Since I created the first post too large to edit, I will post updates on this post.

sexy release date? and also explain more on the Beastmastery Fletching Marksmanship Swordcraft Merchanting Summoning.

The release date is still undecided. It's not that small of a project, and I only have so little time on the computer due to school.

And here are the profession outlines:

Beastmastery - Summoning animals, Taming creeps, getting bonuses for pets, etc.

Fletching- Creating arrows, bows, and other ranged weapons

Swordcraft - Specialized swordsmanship abilities and bonuses

Marksmanship - Same as swordcraft only with ranged weapons

Merchanting - Being able to buy for less and to sell for more: the higher the more of the bonus

Summoning - Creating food, potions, and an occasional minion.

Heres another screenshot of the starting camp for the protagonists:

Attachments

• Starting Camp.jpg
    Starting Camp.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Level 8
Your proffessions are much like you abilities. There are 16, and you can choose 2 for your character.
So pretty much what the professions are about is a sub class thing where if you chose a warrior and then pick fletching you will be a warrior with bows?

Level 27
Ehm.. should i say something about the terrain? yeah i should.. its just.. just.. 'god' i have to say this in a good way.. it is just.. lacking.. something.. like.. it being good. Please tell me thats not your final terrain, just practice some more and look at the Terrain Board.

Level 8
Not to be mean but on us west defiance is played alot and i dont know about the other servers but the *new* rpg that people are playing is the black road. And also if you could answer my former post thanks.

Sorry...

Anyways, the Proffessions are sort of add-ons to your class. They expand the range of other items.

Defiance, in my opinion, takes too long to level up, unless someone power levels you. Really, it takes about 3 hours to get your guy to level twelve, it's crazy.

Starshatter is faster paced; more noob friendly, low shop prices, easy quests, and dungeons that only takes a level 2 to complete with a small group of 3.

@Wand, no the terrain is not final. I just wanted it to get the basic terrained feel.

Level 27
Good then. Game sounds like fun. But i have a question

Merchanting - Being able to buy for less and to sell for more: the higher the more of the bonus

How where you planning to do that? Sounds very complicated.. actually the words don't say much but whats behind this should be very complicated with triggers and all.. you cant change the buy/sell value for an item ingame can you? anyways good luck with some things ...

Level 3
I can't wait for this RPG to get out:D It Looks sooo awsome! oh and btw could you send me the awsome fire lady?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.