• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Flag Wars [Beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

Flag Wars [Beta]
Last Version: v0.92 - 02/19/10
View the changelog

Forums: http://flagwars.2x.nu/forums

Overview
Flag Wars is a unique twist on the classic Capture-the-Flag genre. With a synergistic combination of player classes, flag return, capture points and glyph powerups, Flag Wars is guaranteed to offer a fun, high-speed, action-packed game.

While other maps flaunt flashy special effects and numerous triggered abilities (nothing wrong with that!), Flag Wars focuses on perfecting its high-speed action and gameplay for fun and strategic games all around. That's not to say it doesn't have its own triggered abilities or flashy effects!

Screenshots
c6RCT.gif

Feature - Classes
As of version v0.91b, Flag Wars contains 7 unique player classes, each bringing their own unique set of abilities and expertises to the battlefield. In its completed state, Flag Wars will have at least 9 unique and balanced player classes, possibly reaching up to 12!
  • Arcanist
  • Berserker
  • Hunter
  • Knight
  • Shaman
  • Stalker
  • Warlock
Feature - Capture Points
On the battlefield, between the 2 bases, there exist towers. By capturing these towers, your team gains passive bonuses when in the tower's presence. The towers don't offer gamebreaking aid such as fiery attacks or invulnerability but they do offer an aspect of gameplay that can be incorporated into strategy and tactics.

Feature - Glyph Powerups
On the battlefield, on timed intervals, a random glyph may appear. This glyph is akin to the traditional powerups you might find in a fragfest FPS game, such as Quake. The glyphs in Flag Wars offer benefits for the one who picks them up, allowing for a possible turning of the tides or the breaking of a stalemate.

Beta Testing
At this time, I am in need of regular beta testers who will not only play the map but offer feedback, suggestions, critiques, etc. Please know that I take all suggestions and feedback seriously (as long as the suggestions and feedback themselves are serious), so please only apply for beta testing if you really want to help make this map better.
If you want to apply for beta testing, please leave a reply in this thread with the following information:
  • Your Age
  • Your Time Zone (preferably in GMT +/- format)
  • Your Garena ID
  • Your available testing times
  • Your contact information (email, AIM, etc.)
If you're wondering why I asked for Garena and not Battlenet, it's because I'm at college and I can only host games on Garena since it doesn't require port-forwarding.

Current Beta Testers
None

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.