• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

capture flag question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
in my map i have a sort of mini side thing to compete for a flag that generates every so often, who ever gets the flag back to there base recieves a bonus/gold to help boost them. At present the flag spawns in the centre of the map, but what im worried about is, once you grab the flag you can quite easily run back to you own base/side without much resistance/chase, what have other people done about this and how cani make it a little more tense/challenging to get the flag back home. thanks peeps!!

Level 24
maybe you could give the flag a buffles and artless endurance aura with a range of 0 that boosts attack speed and movement speed by a large negative value?
ie: set
Data - Attack Speed Increase (%) -10
Data - Movement Speed Increase (%) -10

that would decrease movement and attack speed by 1000%.
now i know 1000% for movement is a little excessive but for attack speed it's not bad considering that you're picking up the flag.

Level 24
yeah i know 1000% is a bit much for movement speed reduction but i was just giving an example. as long as he's slow enough to catch up to it's fine. -1000% attack speed is just right though, flag carriers should carry flags, not stay and fight. maybe have the flags give a small armour bonus to offset the slowness by a little bit? so that you have a little more time to react to taking hits and drop the flag

Level 24
LMAO purplepoot THAT is awesome
:lol: :lol: :lol:
simply... brilliant. painfully brilliant. in a painful way :lol: .
poor flag carriers, dying for their cause. well that certainly adds a large amount of difficulty to the flag capturing. kinda like Assault on Halo 2

Level 3
flag? dooh naw make it a timing bomb so after u picked it up u should bring it to enemy baze+ u get less movement speed and got 30 sec before it explodes
also undroppable and why dropping it in middle? once in 35 seconds give it to one of players so it will be benefiting curse :p

if ur still onto ur flag idea then lol wtf is about flag dropping in the middle ? oO make each baze have own flag which they can't move/pick objectives is to protect flag and get flags from others if you get flag of another player add points if u lost flag remove points
if u got flag to baze, restore it on enemy baze again so u can do another run, after like 3-4 flags stolen player loses if someone took your flag and died half way, drop it on his body and if u pick it up it instantly teleports back to ur baze

well.... enough i think ? :p

Level 10
thanks everyone, i tried this out and its worked out really well, i made ti so the flag carrier moves really slow and attacks really slow.

IvanX the capture the flag isnt the main objective in the game, its a side bonus part to get some bonus gold to help out, otherwise i would spawn flags in oposite bases to make it very challenging to get hold of. thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.