• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Map Remake - looking for a Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Starcraft Map Remake - In Search of a Terrainer

Heyas folks, I've been itching to remake a Starcraft map named Winterglades. I have attached the original map (see edit) so that (if you have Starcraft) you can get a general feel for the terrain.

Details:

Map Size: I would like for the map to be of either Huge (224x224) or Epic (256x256) proportions.

Map Type: There are two possibilities. If you think that your work and/or creativity would be limited due to the map file size restrictions on Battle.Net, then the map will be a single-player RPG (which is perfectly fine with me). Otherwise it will have up to eight people playing it online.

Terrain Tilesets: I would like for the map to have the look and feel of Winter––therefore, there should be a lot of snow, ice, etc. However, you may use whichever terrain tiles, doodads, etc. that you feel that you could use, including custom ones.

Story: A princess is taken from a kingdom by a strange man. You are a civilian that has been given the duty of going after the princess and returning her to the kingdom. On the way, you encounter many obsticles, enemies, etc., and by defeating said monsters, you accumulate money, which you then use to become stronger. However, once you find the princess, the story isn't over. There is another enemy behind the capture, the mastermind (whom you must eventually find and take out).

Should you require any more information, please feel free to ask questions in this thread.

If you are interested in working on this map with me, please let me know as soon as possible. Also, I would appreciate it if you could post any previous work that you have done in any form (maps, screenshots, etc.). :thumbs_up:

Note: Unfortunately, I can only use the regular World Editor. :cry: If you use WEU or some other program, please make sure that it can be opened with the regular WE.

Note: If anyone has any ideas for Zerg 'creep' replacements or substitutes, please feel free to post your thoughts.

Edit: Since it doesn't seem to want to upload the Starcraft map right now (in .zip form), just let me know that you want it and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah, I had already thought of blight, but I was looking for other possible options. Like things that don't look quite as dead. :hohum:

Thanks. :grin:

Level 9
This project sounds pretty doable from a terrainer's point of view. You would need to get some custom textures and doodads first though, for the terrainer to work with. If you manage to gather a few, I might consider helping you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.