• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for a Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I am working on my latest map and am nearing completion, all i need is the terrain. Terraining was never my strong point and if i have to end up doing it myself, ill feel like the map wouldnt be as great as it could be.

Anyways, the map name is called Wendigo. Its a tag based map, taking a few aspects from games like demon hunt, trolls and elves, and island of frogs. The tileset is in felwood.

Rep and a special mention will be given to the person to terrain it.

Level 7
Well, terraining for a tag map is fairly simple, as a complex amount of doodads and custom cliffs (raised terrain) would take up too much space on a tag-map. But, I suppose I could make terrain for you. Just make me a simple rough draft sketch of what you want it to look like (not the details, but the shape of the map, tilset, etc)

okay, ill get started on that. Thanks

I have a sneaking suspicion that my current terrainer bailed on me. I've tried to contact him but no response. We'll see if he hasn't finished already
haha :D that happens to me but instead the person im doing it for doesnt give me a very simple base terrain:L. I shall help if no responce from TLI-Inferno:phttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/tli-inferno/

My dad tried to change the password, and typed it wrong twice in a row, causing us to be unable to sign into the computer. I insisted I could start it up on another hard drive to fix the problem, but he decided to play hero and took apart the computer (as if that would fix anything), then he took out the motherboard, pretending to work on it (as if the problem had anything to do with the motherboard), and ended up messing up the motherboard so that it would no longer even fit into the computer. He procrastinated for a week, and then took the computer to get it fixed.
When we got it back, it worked the first time it was turned on, but now it does not initialize windows, and does not register drivers. I'm at my mom's house for the weekend, so the problem won't be fixed for a while.
Anyway, so I was unable to use the computer for 2 weeks, but I still came onto hiveworkshop occasionally from other computers.
Also, commoe, I had already told you as soon as you sent me your picture of the terrain, that you should find someone else to make it. When you said "Wendigo" I thought of a snow terrain... But when you said you wanted a felwood terrain, that really mixed up my mind, and I can't think of a way for a wendigo to fit into felwood.
Ask someone else to make your terrain, okay?

My dad tried to change the password, and typed it wrong twice in a row, causing us to be unable to sign into the computer. I insisted I could start it up on another hard drive to fix the problem, but he decided to play hero and took apart the computer (as if that would fix anything), then he took out the motherboard, pretending to work on it (as if the problem had anything to do with the motherboard), and ended up messing up the motherboard so that it would no longer even fit into the computer. He procrastinated for a week, and then took the computer to get it fixed.
When we got it back, it worked the first time it was turned on, but now it does not initialize windows, and does not register drivers. I'm at my mom's house for the weekend, so the problem won't be fixed for a while.
epic:eek:.

so know commoe are you gonna send me a rough draft of your game? I shall do it if you want me to.:p. Or you can send me the game with a rough copy:p don't worry I wont steal your map I've got my own and I don't want to absolutely ruin my rep around here by stealing:p

Status
Not open for further replies.