• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Currently I need a terrain for my hero Defence map. and Please make it just General for my DotA Like defence map if you have time please spend time for me:).

Tileset :
1.) Felwood
2.) Icecrown Glacier
3.) Ashenvale
Choose One of them if Possible.

Terrain Description :

Okay for the about of my terrain. First of all there will be 3 lanes. (Top, Mid, And Bottom) You may choose different styles I know this might take some time. And im pretty sure you will have long time making it (If no one cares then ":("), I know how to steal terrains but It will be "No Originality" so I am not making it. If you can do it just like the style from dota.

Terrain Location "Taverns" :

Okay and could you require a space at the Top-Left corner of the map so that I can place taverns to it.

Terrain Sizes :

128x128

Thanks,

X3n0nX~

Level 17
And I suggest to be more original rather then using the same path layout that 100's of other maps used aswell. :p

Anyway, it's not so hard to terrain, I really recommend to follow some tutorials and terrain yourself. Imo it's the most fun part of making maps. Though my current map just uses a simple generator for the terrain. xD

EDIT:

1) I suggest you make the map first, with a basic layout terrain if you really do not want to make a terrain. (Other then Dota if you want a better map. :p)
Most people (including me) don't just make things for others if there is no proof that this map will actually be finished/fun to play.
Requests come after the part you can do yourself is mostly done. =)

2) If you do not want this map to be yet an other genetic hero defense map that mimics all the other AoS maps you need to work something unique in it. Try to mix it with other genres. Some suggestion I can make you.
- Custom Hero's (They can make their own hero.)
- Dungeons (Have dungeons outside of the AoS region where you can fight creeps that autospawn for good loot and xp.)
- Crafting
- Side Quests (Have other objectives (randomized is even better).

The only problem is, most AoS maps already have the above things implanted. But I'm sure you'll find something out.

3) Lore, try to make something better then the regular bad vs good, dark vs evil, horde vs alliance.

I'm just here to help though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.