• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Melee Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
the%20hive%20workshop.png

Starcraft II
Melee Contest #1

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Two contests will be run in parallel but separately: one for NA and one for EU.
  • The contest mode is elimination, i.e. players who win advance in the bracket, and players who lose are instantly eliminated from the tournament.
  • The bracket will be randomly generated.
  • The semi-finals will be best-of-threes, i.e. the first player to win two matches advances from this round.
  • The finals will be a best-of-five, i.e. the first player to win three matches advances and wins the tournament.
  • In order to report a victory or a defeat, a replay of the game must be posted in this thread.
  • Any form of cheating is prohibited, and cheaters will be disqualified.
  • No handicap may be used in any match.
  • Observers are allowed to spectate games. However, they must be spectators and not referees. Additionally, any communication between players and observers is strictly forbidden and will result in disqualification.
  • If a player disconnects from a game within the first two minutes, the match will be replayed. Otherwise, the remaining player is given the victory.
  • If you wish to participate in this contest, you must post in this thread and include the following information in your post: Your Starcraft II username, your character code, and the server on which your account is registered.
  • It is up to the players to contact each other to arrange a match. If your opponent is not responding, notify the contest's host. If both players refuse to show up and give no reason for their absence, they will both be disqualified and their eventual opponent will be given a bye.
  • The map pool will consist of the following maps:
    • Steppes of War
    • Blistering Sands
    • Xel'Naga Caverns
    • Desert Oasis
    • Scrap Station
    • Kulas Ravine
    • Delta Quadrant
    • Lost Temple
    • Metalopolis
    To select a map, both players must successively eliminate a map from the pool until only one remains. If a map has already been played in a best-of-five or best-of-three series, then it is eliminated from the map pool for that series.
prizes.png

• First Place: X reputation points and an award icon
  • Second Place: Y reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: Z reputation points and an award icon

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on Date and conclude on Date, GMT

Participants
North America

THW Username
SC2 UsernameCharacter CodeServer

HINDYhat
HINDYhat433NA

Urgloshkin
Urgloshkin890NA

PurplePoot
Pewt907NA

Europe

THW Username
SC2 UsernameCharacter CodeServer

X-OMG-X
Scorp960EU

Foopad
Foopad757EU

Dark Hunter1357
Darkov133EU

Eccho
Metadrone339EU

Mechmap
Cryptis820EU

shiiK
shiiK953EU

Last edited:
Level 19
Shouldn't this be in the 'Starcraft II' Section instead of here with all the other Warcraft III stuff?

PS: Sorry, I'm just asking, I hope you won't mind...

I want to join
Darkov.133 EU

Also this rule:
"If a player disconnects from a game within the first two minutes, the match will be replayed. Otherwise, the remaining player is given the victory."
should be changed to this:
"If a player disconnects from a game within the first two minutes, the match will be replayed. Otherwise, the remaining player is given the victory, unless both players agree that the disconnected won."

Level 20

In any case, there seems to be some sort of haxx which allows you to change servers (just saw TT1 do it on his stream). So if any of you can get that working, you can participate in both EU and NA variants of the contest.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems like you still need to have purchased two copies of the game. lol

Level 23
I would not say I am great at ladder, particulary not on 1on1, but I still would attempt participating, if this gets approved at some time.

Metadrone.339 EU

And yeah, lets hope the patch on tuesday will add more support for clients.

Level 20
I might make a few more changes today and then I'll ask you to host it.

But Imtor, are you sure that your nickname is correct? I can't find you on sc2ranks (although maybe the site is bugged, I don't know). Just want to be sure that I'm not adding people who don't actually play or something.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I guess I could join in, not really a hardcore player, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
shiiK 953 EU

Level 6
Patch notes have been released and I spotted a little something something.
"Maps
Desert Oasis
Destructible Rocks have been added to make natural expansions easier to protect. "
Sounds like a "novice" map to me.
Maybe Desert Oasis should be excluded from the map pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.