• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

STALKER Rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well hey guys. I have an idea that im pretty dedicated to but im gonna need your help to complete it. But first let me tell you about this project im working on.

Its kinda the concept of stalker meets world of warcraft. (up to 12 players CO-OP on battle.net) Don’t take this to literally its just the concept im working around. It takes place in a decimated area where a nuclear plant has melted down. Check points and road blocks and bases on the outskirts of the area and the deeper you go in the more exciting ;D. Basically the way its played out is your a scavenger/mercenary/treasurehunter looking to make a living by going into the danger zone and killing for contractors finding items companies request or freelancing and finding something nice you could sell back at the bases.

You start out lightly armored. Camo pants a t-shirt with a small tact vest over it, and you progress as you go on, higher lvls lead to armor upgrades i.e. (jumpsuit with backpack , Full military gear, Light biosuit, and finally Fully cybernetic biosuit.) And you also can by and upgrade your guns (im gonna need alot of models with no weapons) You can also pick up items that boost your stats but aren’t visually represented. i.e. (rifle scope increases range by +2, Body armor kit, goes over your regular armor and gives you a +5 armor boost.) and there will also be Artifacts. Basically the epics of the game. Items that have permanent stat increases plus a good use boost with a cooldown.

Its gonna play like a free roam rpg. (take quest, look around, play anyway you feel like doing) You can run around and do stuff yourself but there will be bosses and heavily guarded areas with good loot that you will need to team up with other players to get.

You can acquire materials just like in rural zombie onslaught and build your own base/outpost by yourself or with a friend. Or you could stick to the checkpoints and bases on the outskirts of the danger zone but player controlled outposts are more beneficial. Im also thinking of putting cars or trucks in but its just a concept. Since what gun your using is based on what gun is in your inventory you will only be able to carry one at a time (unless there’s a way to get around that) Because of that and the fact that you will need more space eventually you can buy a pack dog of if you have even more money a automated small robot to follow you around and help carry stuff. There will be many more items/features ect but these are the main ones atm.

So there you have it. Now I need your help.

Im gonna need models for all 5 armor upgrades i mentioned above and much much more. Item models ruined buildings guns cars ect. I will be using some that are already made and you will get credit for it. If you contribute anything at all or i use anything you made even if you didn’t directly help in this you will get credit i guarantee it.

I need icons too and some concept artist.

and now the important part.

I need anyone good with triggers/spells and alot of patience to help out with something’s im gonna have trouble with. If i cant do it myself i will send them a copy of the map to work on and send back.

ANY help AT ALL is greatly greatly appreciated.

If your interested in joining this project or contributing or you want to help but don’t know what to do please message me at [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to read this i thank you in advance for your support and i know with your guys help we can make this a really great map.

-Goreface

Level 2
Hey Man, since im in this now, Id like to point something out. With the features you want in your map, you might need dummy players, so you could have NPCs etc that could fight hostiles just like they do in the real game, lowering the "12 Player Co-op" to maybe 11 or 10.

~Master5800

Level 7
Well it could be great, or it could be terrible. I like the concept and will help beta test if you want...
Sounds pretty good how you described it... in my opinion it sounds more like a survival/defence game, not an rpg. Maybe making it a 1 player and working on custom things alot, atmosphere and such, i'd play that.
And if your going to make it a one player thing, i reckon you might be able to get it hosted... if it turns out well it could be a big thing... but then again... your post count just screams "NOOB"... :)

Level 3
lol well the way its playing out in my head its better if it were an multiplayer rpg. And about it being to easy trust me. even for players who have essentially gotten to the highest lvl and have gotten some really good gear there will be encounters that will require teamwork. Think WoW endgame raids/instances and as for my post count lol i signed up today. I've been looking through this for awhile though and doing some research but today i signed up and finally decided to put my plan in action.

Level 3
well i have started but its no where even close to being done. Terraining is currently underway but most npcs and buildings require custom models and or icons so after the terrain theres only a limited amount of things we can do till we get what we need.

and yes you can beta test :]

Level 3
lol allright

character models needed still. i need them asap because thats the first thing that gets put down after im done terraining

Level 3
Update. Heres some concept art. If your doing any models base them off what you see here. Lots of old factories abondoned modern building models required. Also broken brick walls crates caches ect ect.

Done with the wilderness portion of the map stoping at the heavy radiation border zone. Other half the more civilizied with buildings towns industrial settings ect. i will start asap but i will need alot of building models as you can see. In game terrain screen shots coming soon. Again if you would like to help with anything my e-mail adress is [email protected]

+rep and credit for anything anyone contributes.

-Goreface

Attachments

• stalker_wp_02_pre.jpg
    stalker_wp_02_pre.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 290
  • xr_cs_screen_01_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_01_pre.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 265
  • xr_cs_screen_12_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_12_pre.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 283
  • xr_cs_screen_17_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_17_pre.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 261
  • xr_cs_screen_19_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_19_pre.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 251
  • xr_cs_screen_22_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_22_pre.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 804
  • xr_cs_screen_25_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_25_pre.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 514
  • xr_cs_screen_29_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_29_pre.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 174
  • xr_cs_screen_33_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_33_pre.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 224
  • xr_cs_screen_34_pre.jpg
    xr_cs_screen_34_pre.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 199
Level 3
dude thats fine if you cant get the models to work mess around with skins. also check out the concept art i need more models like that.

Want me to send you the newest version of the map?

Level 3
allright sent :D

keep in mind right side of the map till 3/4 the way up is wilderness the other half will have more towns/industries/buildings but i really need those models before i start working on it. Once both sides are done the last 1/4 of the map both left and right side will become the heavily decimate zone around the power plant.

Level 3
If there are any concept artist out there who can redraw this with a warcraft type feel to it please do. We need all the insperation we can get.

Level 7
Ahh screenshots! Ok we are cooking with a microwave now... instead of ice.. :)

Yeah, the way your doing seems OK.. but I suggest fine tuning triggers...
And BTW you should trie to keep the models to a bare minimum because of lag and the 4 mb limit for b.net... if it does get too big you would have to do alot of redoing with units and such...

AFTER THOUGHT:

When you finish you will have a largely expandable possibly epic map to work with...

Do you get the idea? ?

Level 3
well i couldnt give a set time. the terrain is mabey 35% done with and mabey a dozen models are imported. so yea mabey not for a week or two. And yes i am aware of the maps size and the whole map getts terrained before anything so the epic map size is nothing to worry about

Level 3
5800 as soon as your done with your little terraining project and importing those models im gonna need it back asap. I wanna do some of the terrain on the western sector.

Level 7
I have some things to say:
1st:+rep for the idea, you're needing some =)
2nd:
And if your going to make it a one player thing, i reckon you might be able to get it hosted... if it turns out well it could be a big thing... but then again... your post count just screams "NOOB"... :)
You can't imagine how i screamed out laughing when i saw the word NOOB, please don't follow that guys example, hes got neg rep, i believe that ain't good, don't double post, if a moderator sees this topic they'll neg rep you
3rd: I'll help with triggers , I am advanced in GUI and intermediate in jass.
I underlined help because it is just help, i am currently part of another project and as so i cannot work full time.

Level 3
Allright that would be a great help. I'll let you know as soon as we have all the terrain down and models imported so we can start working on triggers.

Level 7
I see we are in DIRE need of members but maybe stop looking for members and work with what you have got...

Probly just me really but i have been making average maps by myself and often people get ignored if they don't have alot of rep and/or posts...

I am currently working on a concept map for my epic rpg right now so i might have to pull out on the trigger help srry :( but I will still help test :)...

BB4NOW

Level 3
Yea well at the point where we are there isnt much we can do.

We need the custom doodads to finish up he urban terrain. We need Some trigger help to set up the game mechanics. And we need player and enemy models to start putting them on the map.

>.>

It would be alot easier if master 5800 would come online. He told me his computer broke and was fixed but hes still not back on.

Still looking for help guys. Any takers?

-Goreface

Level 15
You don't need npcs, if you haven't noticed war3 can have up to 16 players not 12.
There are Neutral passive, Neutral Hostile, Neutral victim and neutral extra. So you don't need to decrease the player number.
And by the way, I am doing file searches and I'm currently doing FPS one. If youre interested to to the most advanced file search thread.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=694133#post694133

Level 3
well yea bro thanks. I have used alot of custom modern warfare models already. But what people dont realise is i need models of units from stalker. Bandits STALKERS military units monolith troops and mutants. mabey someone would be willing to help if i showed some ingame stalker models?

Level 3
Lol i had to go into gmod and take screenshots cause i couldnt find anything

here we go

Elite Stalkers with Exo skeletons

gm_flatgrass0000.jpg

gm_flatgrass0001.jpg

gm_flatgrass0002.jpg

gm_flatgrass0003.jpg

gm_flatgrass0004.jpg

gm_flatgrass0005.jpg

gm_flatgrass0006.jpg

gm_flatgrass0007.jpg

gm_flatgrass0008.jpg

Mercenary STALKERS

gm_flatgrass0009.jpg

gm_flatgrass0010.jpg

gm_flatgrass0011.jpg

gm_flatgrass0012.jpg

gm_flatgrass0013.jpg

gm_flatgrass0014.jpg

gm_flatgrass0015.jpg

Bandits

gm_flatgrass0016.jpg

gm_flatgrass0017.jpg

gm_flatgrass0018.jpg

gm_flatgrass0019.jpg

Monolith/Ecologist

gm_flatgrass0020.jpg

gm_flatgrass0021.jpg

gm_flatgrass0022.jpg

gm_flatgrass0023.jpg

gm_flatgrass0024.jpg

gm_flatgrass0025.jpg

gm_flatgrass0026.jpg

gm_flatgrass0027.jpg

gm_flatgrass0028.jpg

gm_flatgrass0029.jpg

gm_flatgrass0030.jpg

gm_flatgrass0031.jpg

Snork (Mutated STALKER)

gm_flatgrass0032.jpg

gm_flatgrass0033.jpg

gm_flatgrass0034.jpg

gm_flatgrass0035.jpg

gm_flatgrass0036.jpg

phew. Allright guys here you go.

Last edited:
Level 3
yea i saw it. It dosent look to similar attached to the marines.

You gotta understand you can sit here and tell me everything similar i can get but i already have it. I've scoured and searched for weeks. And now its gotten to the point where i dont need people to find models for me. I just need custom models.

I guess i should make a thread in the requests section

Level 15
They won't help you. Unless you do atleast something with the map.
You need to show progress to interest someone to work for you.

Level 3
well yea half of the maps terraining is completed. But i would atleast like to get 1 model too show the playing system instead of just showing terrain or just a marine or footman running around. Its not like theres no progress i just want to atleast get the first basic unit down.

Also only the wilderness part of the map is complete. I'd really like to finish the urban/industrial part and take screenshots but again i need just a few more models.

Level 3
I've checked everywhere.

I can up with some basic stalker models but they look kinda cheesey and the animations are a bit buggy.

Level 3
allright ill try that.

Their still only a couple of basic models none of them from the screen shots so i still need custom ones >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.