• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Stacking item problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
umm can someone tell me why this trigger won't work? It's for stacking items.

The life of item will be the max charge.
If the charge of item + item in inventory < life, add them together
If they are greater and item in inventory < life, set item in inventory to life, and subtract the difference of two from item being manipulated.
If not, do nothing.

However, it just removes the item being manipulated.

• Stacking
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Charged
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • ((Hero manipulating item) has (Item being manipulated)) Equal to True
                  • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))])
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))])) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated))) Less than or equal to (Integer((Current life of (Item being manipulated))))
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))])) + (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)))
                  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))])) Less than (Integer((Current life of (Item being manipulated))))
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) to (Integer((Current life of (Item being manipulated))))
                      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item being manipulated) to ((Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) - ((Integer((Current life of (Item being manipulated)))) - (Charges remaining in (Item carried by Hero_Type[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] in slot Item_Cycle[(Player number of (Owner of
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
well i only added the array loop since my Hero_type variable is also array. Which I think means that I would have to make the cycle an array too... to make thing pick the right hero.

Well, yeah it won't even go in my inventory, even when i have nothing in my inventory, it just disappears.

Level 10
man, item stacking is extremely easy, you are making it way more complicated than it is, i mean i just posted a thread which had a item stacking system that i did almost two months ago but i told mods to delete it since i didnt think anybody needed an item stacking system( how convinient :D), ok this is how you should do it, btw this also works if you pick an item, just do it this way:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to 0
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Greater than 0
            • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Less than MaxStack
            • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
            • (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
          • Then - Actions
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) + Charges Remaining in Item Being Manipulated)
            • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
MaxStack is the maximum amount of charges you want that an item can have, i suggest you make all your charged item types, have one charge so you can avoid any bugs by item charges surpassing the limit, i can make a method of debugging items but that would require setting the costs of each item in a variable array, well i gotta go later !

Level 4
well, the only problem is that in my map, there is going to be items with multiple charges so i can't use yours. Thank you though.

Edit: But, thanks to your trigger I found out what the mistake was! Thank you very much! ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.