• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

stacking buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi everyone!
Is there any way to make buffs like "Inner Fire" stack several times?
(I mean to make 3 different buffs "Might", "Shield" and "Regeneration" and make them not to replace each other)
:ogre_icwydt:

Level 30
Stacking same buffs you mean? For example like two Inner Fires? I suggest base each buffs into different kinds of buffs just to make sure to avoid conflicts then rename those buffs to what you want.

Example, create 3 buffs with different basis or you based it into 3 different kind of buffs. Now change the buffs's name and properties you want (Might, Shield, Regen). There! Buffs actually I do know has no effects such as +damage or stats of its own and is only dependent on the skill casted so if you want to add effects, I suggest trigger it that if he unit has these buffs, add either damage, armor, stats and etc. it depends on you.

It only replaces buffs if they are same I do think. Try searching also because there are actually same problem as yours which is solved.

Level 10
It only replaces buffs if they are same I do think. Try searching also because there are actually same problem as yours which is solved.

In my old map if hero uses his skill that has such a buff, even if it's called different, the buff replaces previous one...

It wouldn't be a problem if all buffs lasted the same amount of time... but one buff lasts 5 minutes and another lasts 30 seconds...
:vw_sad:

Level 10
Different buffs on a same based ability still won't stack and a strange bug will occur (except for auras).

So...
Might = Inner Fire
Shield = Negative Acid Bomb
Regeneration = Rejuvenation?

Yeap :vw_sad:
nothing left... and the second buff is roar and shield is howl of terror... I used it in my old map :ogre_frown:

Seems like I can't make a unit to have 24 different buffs :( :thumbs_down:

Status
Not open for further replies.