• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Buff Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there a way to make a permanent stacking buff in new patch?
WC3ScrnShot_122518_232034_01.png

i tested with corruption ability and the buff can be stack with different buff but after a few sec the second buff gone...

Level 8
So you want it to stack and refresh the duration every time the unit is hit? i'd use a item ability that adds minus armor, on hit (A few ways to do this) add the ability to the unit and increase its level for every hit, using a MUI system of course, i'm not sure there's a way to do this with default wc3 abilities but that's how id do it

Level 4
So you want it to stack and refresh the duration every time the unit is hit? i'd use a item ability that adds minus armor, on hit (A few ways to do this) add the ability to the unit and increase its level for every hit, using a MUI system of course, i'm not sure there's a way to do this with default wc3 abilities but that's how id do it
yes i want like that. but i heard a while ago the new patch support stack buff with different buff? in that image i use 2 same abilites 'item corruption' that adds minus armor with different buffs and worked but the second buff gone after a few second while the first buff remains. i just want to make the second buff that don't gone like first buff because 'item corruption' reset the buff duration every a unit that have abilities hit the enemy. btw,i use the first abilites -8 armor and the second abilities -12 armor. sorry if my english it's hard to understand

Level 8
yes i want like that. but i heard a while ago the new patch support stack buff with different buff? in that image i use 2 same abilites 'item corruption' that adds minus armor with different buffs and worked but the second buff gone after a few second while the first buff remains. i just want to make the second buff that don't gone like first buff because 'item corruption' reset the buff duration every a unit that have abilities hit the enemy. btw,i use the first abilites -8 armor and the second abilities -12 armor. sorry if my english it's hard to understand
I think that the patch refers to, as long as the spell id and buff is different, they can stack if they're based on the same ability whereas before they wouldn't stack at all, stack as in they can be active at the same time not as in they can refresh a stack and add on to it

Level 4
I think that the patch refers to, as long as the spell id and buff is different, they can stack if they're based on the same ability whereas before they wouldn't stack at all, stack as in they can be active at the same time not as in they can refresh a stack and add on to it
thank you,so the buff can't refresh a stack?
i'd use a item ability that adds minus armor, on hit (A few ways to do this) add the ability to the unit and increase its level for every hit, using a MUI system of course
i will try your suggestion to make the mui system, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.