• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Square Hero Arena 1.38

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a re-upload of my previously rejected map, Square Hero Arena. I've gone through a lot of work in just a few days of balancing and testing to make this playable.

This hero arena is not like any other hero arena; I've tried to make it unique by adding spells, heroes, models, and such. Know that this is still in the BETA point of testing, so there WILL be bugs as I add new heroes. If you could, post the seen bugs here.

The ending for winners is not yet finished, so don't waste a post telling me that it needs more work, because the ending will come in later versions.

-----THIS MAP IS NOT PROTECTED-----
Feel free to edit anything you want, but make sure that you state that it is a version made by you, as well as the original versions are by Gut_Chewer.

A lot more new heroes
Two bosses, as well as dropped items from them
One creep area that can get you up to level 5 (downsized from 2 creep areas)
MAJORLY redid the whole map, and changed the way hero selection works
Different items, and new item recipes (item recipes still in progress)
Moved the item shops
Added Game Modes
Added 6v6 mode (still experimental)
New models (downloaded from the only, Hive Workshop)
Players 1, 2, and 3 cannot talk with the - command anymore. I realized it was pointless, and I needed the - to use with game modes.
There is now an objective, reach the kill limit! (modifiable by game modes)
...And way more!

Below are the version notes, what has changed in each version.

New Heroes
Updated Credits
Double Points Events
Fixed the cooldowns on items.
New items

Fixed Shade of Aran's Spell
Added Creeps
Fixed / changed some spells
A new soul hero
Fixed some items
Balanced some heroes

More items
More item recipes
A lot less lag. Removed a lot of trigger leaks
Game Modes can no longer be turned on once all heroes are chosen

NOTES:
Version 1.39 will be another small bug / glitch and maybe one hero and few items added. Version 1.40 will be the first major release, including a lot of new heroes, items, game improvement, and maybe new boss(es).

Keywords:
square, hero, arena, battle, doron, doronamo, gut_chewer, gut, chewer,
Contents

Square Hero Arena 1.38 (Map)

Reviews
15:19, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: APproject is quite clear, upload your maps when you learn how to make them. Rejected.

M

15:19, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
APproject is quite clear, upload your maps when you learn how to make them. Rejected.

Level 31
I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be Rejected until creator turns this resource from low quality into decent one even if these points are pretty minor.

1. Map Description needs improvements.
2. Bigger part of heroes at Taverns misses their Hot-Keys notices.
3. There are many hero abilities that misses their Hot-Keys notices.
4. Learn Tooltips are not well developed. Try making it more informative.
5. Wrongly developed many of units selection scale rates.
6. Terrain and environment art is lacking. Add more doodads to make arena and 'forests' more beautiful, not it looks badly developed.
7. PAS type of icons used for active spells, you should switch it to BTN instead.
8. There is no credit list of custom materials that had been imported into your map. It is the rules violation of this site.