• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lands of America 1.38 - Middle

Reactions: ORLYowl
Lands of America - Middle America
The conquest is a must

Ex The New World

The target of the map is just a challenge, the victory condition is a total domination over the map, with or without allies (Allied victory is available).

Conquer America with any of the European Settlers or the Aboriginal Tribes.

You can choose between:
Settlers
Spain(red), England(blue), France(teal), Netherlands(purple) and Portugal(yellow)
Aboriginal Tribes
Tairona(orange), Arahuaco(green), Kogi(pink), Quechua(gray) and Mapuche(lightblue).

V1.38
Changed game name from The New World to Lands of America
New soundtrack
Fixed loading screen text
Changed unit name from Inquisitor to Crusader
Fixed night and day sight range for Night Hunters
Balanced tribes houses building time, in comparison to settlers houses.
V1.37
Added victory condition; total domination, with or without allies
Music now repeats
Remade terrain as Middle America
Changed the gold mines/excavations description explaining the minimum range requirement
Buildings such as houses and walls no longer roll when built on a cliff
Remade settlers starting point terrain
Shipyard can now be built anywhere on the water
Added new unit for settlers: Inquisitor
Added new unit for aboriginals: Night Hunter
Fixed a bunch of tool tips, descriptions and names
Added random spawning wild panthers
Player names now indicate the origin kingdom/tribe
Maximum food capacity increased to 125
New icons for every building and for dragoons
New "Purchase lumber" ability for Markets(Settlers) and Storages(Aboriginals)
Added 2 boats to the aboriginals starting units
Added a upgrade to enable boats attack skill
V1.36
Added and replaced a new bunch of models
Mine minimum range requirement reduced to 1024
Added a new building for settlers: Guard Tower
Changed UI texts and icons, such as the Idle Worker icon, attributes names, food is now named population, gold description, and a few more UI matters
Changed the shaman training text from "Hire" to "Train"
Fixed the temple collision
Houses now produce the double of population
Balanced settlers starting units in comparison to aboriginals starting units
V1.35
Added and changed tons of models
Remade food and gold systems
Removed the settlers village but added gold mines
Balanced gold taxes and gold mine building range between settlers and tribes
New houses upgrade system, for settlers and tribes
Relocated the buttons for building, training units and upgrades, they are now organized
Made a "Q-W-E-R | A-S-D-F | Z-X-C-V" system, those keys work as the buttons from the interface
V1.25
Fixed the constant attacking tornados
V1.24
Removed spain bugged unit
Fixed unused bases bug
Fixed internal AI
Fixed weather and natural disasters
V1.23
Weather time added
Natural disasters added
Buffs fixed
Unused player bases will be removed
V1.13
Added boats
Minor bug fixes
Neutral feature
More balance made
V1.12
Bug fixes
Internal AI fixes
Researches problems fixed
Descriptions changed
V1.11
New upgrades
New units
New buildings
New features
Balance made
V1.01
Improved alliance system
Bugs fixed
Balance made
V1.0
Official BETA Release

If you have a model used in this map and you are not in credits please let me know, I've lost the models I used in the map together with the Readme files, so I don't know who are the authors of certain models. Sorry to the modelers.

Critics and Opinions are welcome.

Keywords:
lands, America, middle, central, Middle-america, conquer, spain, england, france, netherlands, portugal, europe, musket, dragoon, new world, the new w
Contents

Lands of America 1.38 - Middle (Map)

Reviews
21:53, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
haha, well, actually the map is the one that starts on mexico and ends on argentina/chile xD

I mean, you are free to go anywhere at any time in the game time.

Might "colombia" be columbus? In Argentinian history he is the one who found our natal aboriginals and killed em all and slaved and stole em and then founded colonies etc. He was spanish (from there we speak spanish).

Actually, he's italian. The spanish queen financied his journey.

So, do you still work on this?

I'll test soon, it looks good.

Level 15
Where can i download :
1.The New World - South America 1.37 and
2.The New World - North America 1.00

North America has never been done, but it might be, with some luck. And South America is not updated. I need the game complete and stable until updating South and making North America maps. Anyway the only thing it changes is the playable map (Middle are pure islands, North is almost pure land and South is half water half land).

SasuhKun: I don't really keep working on it, but I'll fix any bugs and reupdate.

Level 4
The AI still does not work. They just simply stand there and do nothing. Occasionally, they will get there ships mixed up.

Also, a suggestion for future versions, either allow siege cannons to be picked and transported with ships, at least with the gallion; or, add some sort of slow but powerful sieges to the ships themselves with the same range as ground cannons.

Good luck with future versions of this map, looking forward to them. :)

Level 15
The AI still does not work. They just simply stand there and do nothing. Occasionally, they will get there ships mixed up.

Also, a suggestion for future versions, either allow siege cannons to be picked and transported with ships, at least with the gallion; or, add some sort of slow but powerful sieges to the ships themselves with the same range as ground cannons.

Good luck with future versions of this map, looking forward to them. :)

I think I didn't updated the latest version, but in the latest one, only galleons and big boats -for aboriginals- can transport the cannons/beasts.

As this is a bit unrealistic for aboriginals, still it is required or it would be amazingly unbalanced.
Why they can be transported? Because the training building is hard to build and they are not supposed to be spammed all over the map.

Thanks for your comment.