• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spirit Link not Linking to other Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I've made a Spirit Link that's supposed to split a 75% of the damage taken across 3 units.
There's one thing; it's supposed to target 3 enemy units. The Object Editor stuff is set already, so once again, no need to worry about that.
Once I cast it, the spell doesn't link across 3 enemy units. It only affects the target unit of the spell.
I set the Targets Allowed thing to Enemy and Ground units.
I also checked all of the Gameplay Constants parameters, and saw nothing there that could help.

So, my problem is, it only links to one enemy unit. That's all.

Level 10
Spirit Link is a quirky, limited spell. If I remember correctly, it will only chain to allies, and even then, the damage will only split between units owned by the same player as the one which took damage (even if several players' units were given the buff at once).

A possible solution would be to give the hero a placeholder spell, and then create a dummy for the owner of the spell target to cast the actual Spirit Link spell.

Ah, I see. I'll do that.

Alright, I've done it and it does not work.

• Inquisitor Spilling Pain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spilling Pain
    • Actions
      • Set SpillingPainTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set SpillingPainPoint = (Position of SpillingPainTarget)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of SpillingPainTarget) at SpillingPainPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpillingPainPoint)
      • Set SpillingPainDummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Spilling Pain (Dummy) to SpillingPainDummy
      • Unit - Order SpillingPainDummy to Orc Spirit Walker - Spirit Link SpillingPainTarget
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to SpillingPainDummy

Status
Not open for further replies.