• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How well does spirit link work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How much of a difference can spirit link make if its cast on a hero unit with an aura which will be the most likely target of enemy attack? (I dont have any experience with this since I don't play as orcs)

Level 10
The hero has 975hp (level 10) An ability that allows her to evade attack 24% of the time, an ability that reduces magic damage by 20%, an aura that heals 2hp per second, an ability that deals 215 damage to all units within a range of 700 of it.

Level 11
Are you looking for the math involved? If so, it's exactly as the ability says; X% of the damage gets distributed to the other units in the spirit link pool, and if the player has a way to reliably deal with the damage on the other units, then it's effectively an X% damage reduction on the focus fired target.

Level 10
I'm just looking at whether it will be effective at keeping such a unit alive for longer than it would be otherwise if its under heavy enemy fire, also I'm looking for an estimate of how much longer it would be alive

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

It keeps that unit alive for exactly how much percent HP it says on the ability.
For default spirit link, it's basically 50% less damage for that single unit (and other units take damage of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.