• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spike Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Hey, for my current project i am trying to make a spike trap that the player can build, but i can't seem to get my desired outcome.

My initial idea was to use the goblin land mine, but it just doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions would be nice :)

Level 33
but would like it to be a building
You can create a custom unit based on building and go the ability itself and change the Data - Unit Type to your custom unit (building).

And it only triggers when an enemy unit walks across it
The spell has already did that...

but when it goes off, it damages all units around it.
This too...

Reactions: ndh
Level 33
Edit: Got it to work : ) although sometimes when it goes off it won't deal damage.
You have to play with the unit's size - Spike Trap (dummy) (can be configured in Object Editor) and size of AOE (can be configured via variable in setup trigger)

Make the AOE bigger or change the unit's size, you have to self-adjust this to get accurate reading which is not my job, you can do it.

It has nothing to do with that trigger broken I believe.

It has to do with our/your eyes, some sort of visual faulty to be precised, tricking you (you must change either AOE or size of Spike Trap (dummy))

Status
Not open for further replies.