• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spider Hero Idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This was an idea that came up as I read the lightnovel "Kumo desu ga nani ka ?!", so I decided to do a hero type pesonagem with some basic skills based on heroin. feel free to use, comment or give ideas.;)

A special Thanks to
Pyrogasm

that helped me with a web spell Trigger

Attachments

• Spider Hero Idea.w3x
    22.6 KB · Views: 47
Level 24
Ha, cute manga
However the abilities are simply default spells apart from webbing and shadow strike mashup.

Here's my take on Gorge, Preserve! Effectively turns a target corpse into a consumable.
Preview (Warning crappy gif quality):
Preserve.gif

Attachments

• Spider Hero Idea.w3x
    29.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 2
Ha, cute manga
However the abilities are simply default spells apart from webbing and shadow strike mashup.

Here's my take on Gorge, Preserve! Effectively turns a target corpse into a consumable.
Preview (Warning crappy gif quality):

yeah, i'm no expert on Triggering and creating spells.... but thx for commenting an by the gorge spell idea!!!

i'm trying to do things with triggers but for my simple mind is more complicated that seems...

it's only a ideia, i don't see much spider "heroes" out there

i'm hope to learnin a lot o things in this forum... thx for support ^.^ + rep

Level 24
Keep at it, also I highly recommend learning about hashtables and various leaks.
If you see something you like on your travels through the web (heh) be sure to open up the triggers and see how it works.

On the note of hashtables, this easy tutorial has great examples to get you started.
As for Leaks, use this tutorial, leaks occur from small things that over time if ignored cause your map to lag, essentially practices cleaning up after yourself in a way.

Level 2
Keep at it, also I highly recommend learning about hashtables and various leaks.
If you see something you like on your travels through the web (heh) be sure to open up the triggers and see how it works.

On the note of hashtables, this easy tutorial has great examples to get you started.
As for Leaks, use this tutorial, leaks occur from small things that over time if ignored cause your map to lag, essentially practices cleaning up after yourself in a way.

hey man, so.... i was inspired by your spell idea, and try to do my own trigger spell based on Cannibalize, but i'm facing a inespected trouble there are the details:

Spell Name: Stockpile Food

Description: when the ability is used, the spider will consume the corpse nearby an two things can happen, 1- If the life of spider was less than maximum, the corpse consumed will heal the spider or 2 - If the spider was with full health, the corpse will be turned in a stackable item for later use.

The mechanics of the spell are quite simple and i was able to do it alone (I'm so proud of myself) But here are the problem, if i use Cannibalize as base for the custom ability... i can't activate the spell with full health. if i use Channel as base for my custom spell, i won't able to make the corpse be consumed... and i need a help with it.

PS: i'm already search in the forum for solutions for problems similars to mine, and indeed find 1 that i think that could help-me tha was (set life for max life -1) but i was unable to make this work.

Check the Test Map Below.

Attachments

• Spider Spell v1.0.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.