• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sphere Ability (Bolld Mage) on another Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Do you know any method to get this effect? I was looking was this for awhile but I didn't find nothing sensible.

Effect: Attaching few models floating over the hero (like Blode Mage do)
As you can see model oryginaly doesn't have it
upload_2019-11-11_8-10-52.png

upload_2019-11-11_8-12-14.png

It appears only in the game by ability sphere.
I want to get simmilar effect, no matter if editing ability (probably not possible because models don't have required attachment points) or by triggers. Anyone help? :D

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Thanks, but after I download this tool and trying to open it, I had some problems. It was asking for Warcraft localisation and I gave it to him but it could be wrong path. Now I can't change it. Do you know any solution?
upload_2019-11-11_16-16-26.png

That's why the leak removal is there. I'm not sure how good you are at triggers etc, but you will have to make fail safes when the hero dies and so on. I just showed you how to achieve the desired result, then you have to make it fit your map.

You can always make the periodic trigger a bit less frequent. 0.1 works too, with only a slight sphere delay when you start moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.